We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gisburn transportation

Which Gisburn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hastings, Michigan
reviews: 6
Gisburn transportation

Hello,

A group of 30 will be traveling to Gisburn from the US. Due to English law, members will have to find transportation from town after a meal back to our lodging Are there taxis or other transportation and how late does it operate?

Thank you Ellen

8 replies to this topic
Lancaster, United...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Gisburn transportation

Where is your lodging in relation to where you are having a meal, Gisburn is only a small place.

London
reviews: 25
2. Re: Gisburn transportation

Which aspect of 'English Law' ? If you mean not drink/driving - is that allowed in the US ?

Cotswolds
3. Re: Gisburn transportation

I would ask your lodging what could be arranged - sounds like you need to hire a bus. They would know the local companies.

And you've got to get there too

But if it's drink driving you are worried about surely not all 30 of you are drinkers?

Hastings, Michigan
4. Re: Gisburn transportation

No, it has nothing to do with "Drinking", as our group are responsible adults. Driving while intoxicated is not condoned in the US either.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
5. Re: Gisburn transportation

So what is it about "English Law" that requires your group to find transportation from town after a meal back to our lodging?

More importantly - where are you eating and where are you lodging?

Given that you don't require transportation TO the meal does that mean it's in walking distance normally?

London, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Gisburn transportation

Plus one to those fascinated by the "English law" aspect of this question. Could it be that the group arrives at the restaurant by coach and that either at arrival time or some subsequent point in the evening, the driver reaches his maximum permitted hours for working that day and therefore can't drive the group back to their accommodation?

Hastings, Michigan
7. Re: Gisburn transportation

We are on tour, staying a few nights roughly a mile from Gisburn. We are looking forward to our stay at Stirk House. Being on tour, a driver can only drive so many hours per day/remain with the bus for total hours. As for myself, I walk a distance everyday, but for others, I don't know their condition. Only one meal is at Stirk House,

initially, but members can have others. With any trip there are expenses to think of.

Hastings, Michigan
8. Re: Gisburn transportation

Myrtle_Villa, you have it. We are so looking forward to visiting the area.

Thank you for your post.

Reply to: Gisburn transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gisburn
Recent Conversations