We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spitsbergen and North Cape

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
surrey
reviews: 9
Spitsbergen and North Cape

Hi

I am going on the above cruise which sails from London Tilbury on 17 July 2011.

Can anybody tell me what sort of clothing I will need to take - that is to say, summer or winter? Will I need to pack thermals for the trips and will I need walking boots or just ordinary flat shoes?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 98
1. Re: Spitsbergen and North Cape

I am going to Spitsbergen in August and I am planning on taking thermals and padded ski trousers. It can get pretty chilly outside on board ship. If you are making landings from zodiacs it is suggested you take waterproofs and waterproof boots.

Hope that helps.

Oslo
reviews: 132
2. Re: Spitsbergen and North Cape

Bring full English winter clothing, boots, scarf, gloves, cap.

Oslo
reviews: 61
3. Re: Spitsbergen and North Cape

I think Spitsbergen will have winter weather (by English standards), as Brainspins points out

yr.no/sted/…langtidsvarsel.html

yr.no/sted/…statistikk.html

4. Re: Spitsbergen and North Cape

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, June 20, 2014