We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ida village 3

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 6
ida village 3

I have booked these apartments for my granddaughter and 3 children .Im getting a bit concerned as very mixed comments from previous holiday makers.Has anyone actually been there as most of reviews are about ida village 1 & 2 which seems to be much nicer.

57 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 21
41. Re: ida village 3

I really did enjoy my stay here. As long as you expect basic and aren't too fussy you will enjoy it :). The dining area is outside but with a covered roof, the pool is a few steps away. No snacks but crisps from the supermarket at the bottom of the hill were cheap enough, and if you are eating three meals a day you wont really need too many snacks.

Food was mainly carbs, pasta bread rice, and there was always melon and salad. Hygiene is fine, no problems there. It is basic, but it is also cheap Greece.

And if you make a request they usually will fulfill it, someone wanted chips for the little uns and they got them the next day.

leicester
42. Re: ida village 3

At last a bit of positive feedback i was starting to get a little worried myself reading some of the other reviews on hear as there is 27 of us going on Tuesday we are not expecting the Ritz but just some clean rooms and good hospitality thanks you have eased my mind a little.

Alexandria...
43. Re: ida village 3

I would like to put the record straight about Ida Village 3. I don't know who all these people are that put on the duff reviews, but don't take them on. The apartments themselves are lovely and spacious and cleaned every other day with new linen and towels. The grounds are beautiful and the pool is really good too. You can drink all the local beer and wine (which are good) that you like, along with soft drinks for the kids. The food divided opinion when we were there, but unless you are really fussy then there's always something to eat (with pork and fish being particular favourites).

All in all, we really enjoyed our fortnight stay at Ida Village 3 and would gladly return. The only slight drawbacks were the lack of a kids menu (which was promised) and the hill up to the apartments. The hill didn't bother me but it was a bit much for the kids in the height of the day.

On another point about Hersonissos and Crete in general. Be careful when out and about because they rent cars and quad bikes and mopeds to any old drunken bell end.

44. Re: ida village 3

Only returned from Ida village, on arrival reception was closed and we were greeted with a poster on door with directions to room where keys were in our door. Our room was fine, we booked a one bed apartment and it was very clean and spacious. Towels/bedding etc were changed every 2 days so no complaints about the room. If your a vodka drinker like me then this isn't the place...all you can have is lager, brandy, ouzo or wine along with soft drinks although you need to buy your bottles of water which are 1 euro. The food wasn't for me, I only ate there once the whole week. It is served in a tiny box room near to pool bar, and to me it was basically just slop! There is nothing to say what your eating which I don't like either! The complex isn't ideal for people in wheelchairs or with walking problems as there are a few steps (but is perfectly fine for most). The hill is a killer too so if you don't mind paying I would get a taxi, unless your into hiking! The pool was fine too, always enough space for sunbeds etc. the hotel is literally a stone throw to star beach, 5 mins in taxi to hersonissos (7euro) and malia (15 euro). All in all I think the hotel was ok and had a brill time, however I think they should go back to self catering next season as its no where near what I'd call an all Inclusive but what do u expect for 100 for the week? If your after a 5 star hotel with brilliant all inclusive this is not the place and best not to over expect what you get for what your paid :) apart from the all inclusive being naff I would say everything else was fine

Cheltenham
reviews: 31
45. Re: ida village 3

There have been no reviews since early July so do I take it that all is well at Ida Village 3? I hope so as we are going there towards the end of August . I realise people are not so quick to put a good review on as a bad one(I-always put an honest one good or bad and quick to put a good one if it is my experience when there have been some bad one just to reassure those about to visit.

Stafford, England...
46. Re: ida village 3

Well what can i say.... stayed for 2 weeks all inclusive 2 weeks ago. as far as hotels go its ok if u are happy with a basic clean place. Food wise its shocking but i suppose bearable if your either broke or starving!! I ate there twice in 14 days! onto the location well lets just say u will get a workout its about a 2 miles from the centre on the top of a very very big hill to be feared! taxi down 6 quid.. other than that staff are pretty friendly on the right day.

Cheltenham
47. Re: ida village 3

That doesn't sound good...we are due to go mid August!!!!

Cheltenham
48. Re: ida village 3

I have to say I am getting worried....if food is bad for five of us to eat out will be expensive.

Redcar
reviews: 1
49. Re: ida village 3

Hi, we've recently returned from a 10 day holiday at Ida Village 3. On the whole we had a really nice time and I think some of the reviews have been unfair. I found all the staff to be very pleasant, Nico (the barman) was a very busy man doing both the washing-up and serving drinks and running around stacking the sunbeds up etc, he deserves a medal, I hope they pay him well!

The food at mealtimes was quite limited - usually choice of three dishes such as fish, meat or pasta. I enjoyed the food I had (the fish was very nice). I would have liked a proper dessert, there was only watermelon or a small portion of jelly or mousse. There was no kids menu, but thankfully both my daughters like pasta and chips. The food does get delivered by an outside caterer - I don't think the hotel is equipped yet for cooking facilities as I think until recently it was only self catering. There is a lack of tables when the hotel is busy, we had to sit down for dinner 30 minutes before serving time just to get a place. The bread and honey is very nice at breakfast time.

We had no complaints about our room, it was cleaned every other day, and we enjoyed the two balconies. Watch the mosquitos on the night, have some good repellent or completely cover yourself. If you want air conditioning it costs 7 euros per day, too much for us we just sweltered instead!

The location was fine for me, as long as you don't mind a bit of an uphill slog! It wasn't that far from the main street about 5 minutes. We had some nice days out - boat trip to Sissi, round tour on the Happy Train, AquaPlus Water Park etc. The beach at Malia is very nice and we had a good day on the beach beyond the port side.

For the price, I think the hotel was good and I certainly didn't go hungry so the food must have been ok!

Essex
50. Re: ida village 3

hi due to go in 2 weeks nice to see an honest review, .... do they do ice cream or any type of snacks for kids

Reply to: ida village 3
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted