We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spalding, United...
reviews: 1
Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

I have been coming to Crete for the last seven years and have used many car hire companies. They have generally been good, but Mr Mike at Globe Travel in Hersonissos has been exceptional. He has given me good deals, but more than that is his help and advice to his customers. I had a minor accident. He was straight on to the insurance companies to sort everything out. It was all cleared up within half an hour and I went away relieved and able to enjoy the rest of the holiday. Friends who have also used Globe Travel report an equally helpful Mr Mike.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
1. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

You wouldn't be "Mr Mike" by any chance would you?

Spalding, United...
2. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

Am I Mr Mike? Certainly not. I can understand people treating positive posts with suspicion, but I assure you I am genuine and believe that good service deserves recognition.

Devizes, United...
3. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

That's fine, it's just that the forums are awash with first-time posters who write glowing reviews for a business and more often than not, they are being written by the business owners themselves.

Glad you had a good experience with Mr Mike.

Spalding, United...
4. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

Thanks for the update. I was a bit miffed when I saw your query, but then realised that you were only monitoring the posting. It is good to see that this happens. Keep up the good work.

Devizes, United...
5. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

Welcome to the forums.

Bucharest
reviews: 8
6. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

Stay away from Global Travel. I had a very bad experience with this company in August 2012. I booked online. At 10 o'clock had come to the hotel by car. I called the 10:30 and said they forgot about my reservation. They arrived at the hotel at 11 but no car. I went to the garage to pick up the car. Here surprise. The price was 170 Euro. Upon booking, the price shown was 110 Euro. When I got the tank car was under 1/4. The lease document but passed over. The rental I took her to quarter tank. They forced me to go to the gas station and fuel fueling € 10. Then they took the car and I had to walk to my hotel. In conclusion, stay away. Mr. Kokinakis (I hope I wrote well) is a person with whom you want to talk.

Devizes, United...
7. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

yes, D D L, we get the gist of this, you've already plastered a similar ( in fact exact copy) of this on another long dead thread

Yorkshire Dales
reviews: 21
8. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

Groan............. :O(

Devizes, United...
9. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

Just amazes me C-a-H that these people haven't got to the nous to walk away from such a situation. You've been quoted €110, get there and then find it's going to cost you €170, honestly, what would you do in such circumstances? I'd walk straight out and even if by doing that, the car hire bloke says, "ahh, I've made a mistake, it IS only €110" I'd still keep walking.

Yorkshire Dales
reviews: 21
10. Re: Globe Travel Hersonissos - First Class Car Hire

Totally agree with you GB.

We have had a spate of these posts just recently and they all seem a little odd. I know times are hard at the moment but I simply can't believe that the car hire owners would be so blatantly stupid in trying to do someone over in the way described.

It would be very counter productive, wouldn't it? Word gets around!

What is even weirder is that these scenarios aren't happening to posters with a lengthy track record of posting.

The fiddling swines seem to target new (ish) people to the TA forums.

Spooky lol!

I can honestly say that on our many trips to Greece, we have had none of these problems. If we ever did encounter a scenario like some of these posters report, we would simply go elsewhere...............Like any other sensible person would do.

It's not as if car hire companies are in short supply in Greece.

I am finding all of this utterly bizarre. :O('

Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos