We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marni Village or Konnos Village

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
reviews: 3
Marni Village or Konnos Village

Good morning,

We still havent got around to booking our holiday, having narrowed it down now to the Konos or Marni village.

the difference in price is £200 each therefore I was wondering is it worth spending the extra money on the Marni Village.

We didnt holiday last year therefore would like somewhere nice and dont mind paying that bit extra if its worth it.

Any inout would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

Jennifer

northern ireland
1. Re: Marni Village or Konnos Village

sorry i meant Koni Village!!

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
2. Re: Marni Village or Konnos Village

Hi there

The fundamental difference between these two places is that Koni Village is in the resort of Stalis, and is therefore close to the beach and all amenities, whereas Marni Village is up on the hills that overlook the adjacent large resort of Hersonissos, and is actually in the village of Koutouloufari from where it's steep downhill walk to the beaches and facilities of Hersonissos, which itself, is the second largest party resort on Crete.

Koutouloufari is relaxed and laid back, with some excellent bars and restaurants, great for a chilled holiday. Stalis is probably the best family resort on Crete with a vast sandy beach, and enough to keep you occupied all day.

northern ireland
3. Re: Marni Village or Konnos Village

Thanks, just looking for different options really. We like tavernas and bars, lively enough but not too much! Maybe Marni might be good as we can stay up in that area or go to hersonissos which is more lively when it suits.

Has anyone stayed in either?

Thanks

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
4. Re: Marni Village or Konnos Village

Hi again

Each to their own of course, but Hersonissos is about as Greek as your local Chinese restaurant, one long strip of Brit-themed "pubs", discos, clubs, burger joints, shops full of junk and overpriced jewellery stores. It's only saving grace is the area around the old harbour at the western end of the resort.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 2
5. Re: Marni Village or Konnos Village

We stayed in the Marni a couple of times and of all the places we stayed in in Koutoulafari its definetly the best. Lovely and very well maintained complex / apartments, it at the quieter end of the resort so a few minutes walk to the bars / taverna. There is a small supermaket and bakery just across the road. highly recommend it as a place to stay.

Havent been to the Koni so cant comment on which is better or if its worth paying extra to stay there.

koutoulafari, as GB said is perfect for a relaxing chilled out holiday, with plenty of excellent tavernas and laid back bars. We would normally walk down to / through Hersonnissos for a stroll after dinner, but always go back up to Koutoulafari for our drinks. Hersonssisos is not a place we would spend the night eating / drinking in.

scotland
reviews: 25
6. Re: Marni Village or Konnos Village

I would also highly recommend Marni village and Koutouloufari. We stayed late April/ early May this year and had a wonderful two weeks. The village is really pretty and the apartments are in a beautiful setting. I even rather liked Hersonnissos, which surprised me but then it was early in the season and there were few if any "party people" around! On the other hand I personally found Stalis to be charmless with no discernible local atmosphere and in my opinion there are nicer beaches in the area.. I can see that it would be convenient for families though.

BELFAST
reviews: 27
7. Re: Marni Village or Konnos Village

I would recommend Marni Village went there 3 years in a row around 2003 and had a great time, in fact we are going back in August after 5 years of all inclusive 5 star hotels.

8. Re: Marni Village or Konnos Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos