We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travellers Cheques

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff wales
Travellers Cheques

Are their places to exchange travellers cheques in Koutouloufari or do you need to go to Hersonissos.

UK
reviews: 88
11. Re: Travellers Cheques

Bang on the money Conny, plus I think TC's get *3* bites at the cherry!

One when you buy them in the first place (commission), a second when you buy them because the rate is worse than cash (rate), and a third time if you have some unused ones and have to change them back into your 'native' currency (rate) ...and if you dont have unused ones,w ell what are you going to use when you run out...a debit card maybe? :-).

I have also experienced many places in Greece who will take a commission for cashing one, eg its unlike the US where you'll get $50 for a $50 TC. So that would be a fourth bite!

Plus there is the 'other bite', which is the tramping round greek towns to find a bank thats open. I believe Greek banks only open between 2 and 3 pm on alternate Tuesdays when there is a R in the month and Aquarius is in the second quadrant. Thats what it always seemed like to me when I had them anyway, haven't used TC's for ages.

12. Re: Travellers Cheques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos
Recent Conversations