I am visiting this north eastern part of India in coming April from 3rd April 2013 to 8th April’12. I have made one tentative itinerary. Please have a look on same.
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati airport and directly go to Shillong by taxi. Visit lakes, water falls on the way to Shillong. Overnight stay at shillong.
Day 2: In morning after breakfast visit Cherrapungee. Return back from cherrapungee after lunch and visit local sights in Shillong. Overnight stay at shillong.
Day 3: In morning leave for Kaziranga National Park. In evening enjoy jungle safari and overnight stay at Kaziranga National Park.
Day 4: After morning Elephant safari, leave for Gatoonga Tea Garden. Overnight stay at Gatoonga.
Day 5: In morning visit tea estates and enjoying local Tea. After that leave for Guwahati. In evening if reached on time enjoy evening cruise on river. Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Day 6: In morning up till lunch visit local places in Guwahati. After lunch go to airport and leave for Delhi.
Now i had following query:
1. Is this itinerary feasible in given time frame?
2. How we will commute their from arrival to departure? What will be tentative cost for that? Please also suggest names if you had.
3. What bookings i should made in advance like in Kaziranga National Park/ Tea Garden etc?
4. Is their any agency which will help me their in staying and commuting?
5. Any specific local places I must visit?
Please note that i have already made flight bookings, so days are fixed and i have early morning flight from Delhi and late evening flight from Guwahati.
Waiting for your valuable suggestions.