We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our experience at scioto mile area/ downtown holiday inn

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north carolina
reviews: 8
Our experience at scioto mile area/ downtown holiday inn

We just visited this area passing through Columbus. We stayed at the holiday inn, which had a great location and comfortable beds. We got breakfast included. The buffet was okay but you could order off the menu instead, which was better. Staff was all very nice. Anyway, kudos to Columbus because this revitalized area is kind of amazing. We walked from the hotel about four blocks. Fist we passed through Columbus commons park. It is about the size of a football field. There is a stage at one end that has free music and events often. There is a super fun thing called neo. It is like a human sized bop it or other,toy where you follow a pattern. It is free. There also appeared to be a pile of,life sized Lincoln logs to play with. Another block or so, past gorgeously renovated buildings, you get to the mile, which is a walking or biking path along the river. It has swinging benches and beautiful plantings. Our goal was the spray park, which unfortunately was out of order that night. When we passed the next day, it was operating and looked like a great time. We ate at millennium 229, a very nice restaurant that over looks the spray park (I had imagined my husband and I would sit on the terrace and watch the kids playing, which didn't work out but we really enjoyed it anyway.). Kind of expensive but our food was generous portions and tasty.

1 reply
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 475
1. Re: Our experience at scioto mile area/ downtown holiday inn

A nice little TR, thanks!

Reply to: Our experience at scioto mile area/ downtown holiday inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted