We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 1
Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

Hi,

I am visiting Columbus for a conference at the Greater Columbus Convention Center at the end of June. It seems that the nearby hotels are fully booked or overly expensive. I will stay for a week.

Could you please suggest some alternatives. I don't mind walking or short rides in public transportation, but I would like the neighborhood to be attractive.

Thank you very much for your advice,

Lior

7 replies to this topic
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 20
1. Re: Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

It's not completely clear, have you checked those located in the downtown, but not near the convention center?

There's at least a few that are near the Capital and will be around a 15 minute walk to the convention center and some may run shuttles. Depending in the size of the convention these hotels may or may not be part of the "convention hotels" and/or be seeing a demand (rate) spike.

My memory is that one (I believe Holiday Inn) doesn't do well on TA, but I think the other ones do just fine.

On my phone or I'd look up the specific hotels.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Chicago, IL
reviews: 15
2. Re: Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

There's a Hyatt Place at Grandview Yard which may provide shuttle service down to the convention center. There is also a Homewood Suites on Lane Avenue which might also have some sort of shuttle.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 15
3. Re: Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

There are a few B&B's in the Short North/Victorian village. If you google that, the results show a number. The one that prompted me to think of that is Harrison House which I know of from walking by when I lived in that neighborhood

Columbus, Oh
Destination Expert
for Columbus
4. Re: Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

Here's a list of B&B's in Columbus:

columbusunderground.com/explore-columbus-bed…

Nashville, Tennessee
5. Re: Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

Thank you very much for the great advice! I am looking into the B&B options available. I think that this will be a perfect solution.

Lior

reviews: 24
6. Re: Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

I would look in the Grove City around 71 and stringtown rd area, many hotel choices and it would be just a short 8-10 minute drive to downtown. Try the Drury Inn, very nice and close to the freeway to jump on and head downtown. Should reflect price difference being outside the downtown area.

Nashville, Tennessee
7. Re: Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels

Hi,

I just came back from Columbus. I stayed a week at Harrison House Bed & Breakfast, 313 W. 5th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201.

I had a great experience. I am so happy to have made this choice and would like to thank w0rld_traveler_4_28 and annieleewed for the great tips. The forum was a great help.

The B&B was very welcoming. Lynn was very responsive even before making the reservation. I felt right at home and she is an amazing lady. The house is gorgeous, the rooms are very nicely decorate, big and clean. I had to talk 16 minutes through a park to the convention center, which added to the fun. There is also a very frequent bus that I used on the last day when I had my luggage with me.

I believe that staying at Lynn's made my trip very special and I feel I got much more from the visit to Columbus than I would have had if I'd stayed at a downtown hotel.

Thanks again,

Lior

Reply to: Alternatives to downtown Columbus hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted