We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

columbus

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
columbus

i am traveling from texas to see my mom in new york ( she is having an operation) and it is also my anniversary so my wife will be with me

we usually do trips to hawaii or cruises to some exotic place but this years we decided to keep it kinda simple

i estimate i will be around columbus around the day of my anniversary what is there to do in that area other than stop for dinner a night in the hotel and get going again the next day

thanks in advance

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 5
1. Re: columbus

you can't post URLs on this site, but google "Columbus arena district" and "easton town center." Hotels at these two locations will be great for walking distance to good food and entertainment.

I could post a number of great events that happen in Columbus, but it might be better to post your dates and let the suggestions fly from there.

Good luck!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
reviews: 65
2. Re: columbus

i'd find dinner at schmidt's and a stroll around german village to be a nice anniversary gift...

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
3. Re: columbus

Short North has good restaurants and art galleries if that's your cup of tea. Great zoo in Columbus, Franklin Park Conservatory is neat too.

Columbus, Oh
Destination Expert
for Columbus
4. Re: columbus

I would call Pistachio and have a delicious special cake made and enjoy it in Goodale Park, then stroll around the area. 680 N Pearl, behind Rigsby’s parking lot, 614-220-9070. Open W-F 10-6, Sat 9-5

http://www.pistachiosweets.com/

or I would have dinner at: L’ANTIBES, 772 North High St, 614-291-1666. Dinner Tue-Sat after 5p. Exceptional French cuisine in intimate surroundings. Typical menu offerings: Beef tournedos, Fillet of salmon, Pheasant breast, loin of lamb. Imported wines/beers. Visit www.lantibes.com

But I also always like German Village. Barcelona is a nice romantic setting, but their food isn't always on. Beautiful patio though.

Columbus, Oh
Destination Expert
for Columbus
5. Re: columbus

I would second Franklin Park Conservatory. They have their blooms and butterflies exhibit going on right now.

Columbus, Ohio
6. Re: columbus

the Columbus Zoo, COSI, the Santa Maria (located downtown) the new in-door waterpark/resort Fort Rapids, Short North art, take in a Columbus Clippers game, there are several things to do and see in Columbus...it just depends on what you're in the mood for. If you'd like to see if there are any concerts going on when you will be in town, check out ticket master for Nationwide Arena. Not sure if they are doing tours right now for the Anthony Thomas candy factory or not. Unfortunately, most residents that I run in to don't take advantage of all that Columbus has to offer. I've lived in Columbus for almost 15 years and there is more to do all the time.

7. Re: columbus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 16, 2009