We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

Any suggestions?

I printed a whole list of choices from VegOhio website, so many to choose from, wondering which are the most highly recommended.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

columbus
reviews: 11
1. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

I eat at Benevolence Cafe almost one a week, more of a lunch place. Really great soups, salads and vegan breads. It's located on Swan Street, one street over from the North Market. I think they have a website. Tiny place, but I love it.

You'll find most restos, especially in the Short North, have veg offerings.

Binti

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

Thanks Binti, I went to the website and it looks great, just the type of place I am looking for.

columbus
3. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

Great! When I go I usually get the #1, a cup of soup (french onion is my fave), side benevolence salad, and a generous chunk of bread. The Benevolence salad dressing is excellent, topped with chopped egg or vegan. You can aslo have cheese on the french onion, again, vegan is offered as well

The North Market has an Indian place (I ate there today), I always get the "pick two veggies" platter with basmati rice, $5. I love the Vietnamese place as well, tofu is offered in place of the meats. However, I always get the # 7, pho gai soup (I'm not veg but try to eat veg several meals a week!).

Enjoy, the place has great karma.

Binti

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

Thanks Binti, I'm getting hungry already! I hop on a flight tonight. Hope to have a nice Columbus experience. Not a lot of free time but the time I have I want to spend discovering Columbus in a way that is in line w/ my "normal" life. I usually go to Cols w/o any specific plan in mind so my time goes by painfully slow and I miss the comforts of home...yoga and good veg eating in particular. With a few good restos in hand and yoga I hope I enjoy the week.

columbus
5. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

Good travels to you, Yogi!

If you see a woman in nurse attire wandering the North Market, or eating lunch at Benevolence, come up and say Hi! Good chance it's me!

Take care, binti

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

I will do that! I'll certainly be at Benevolence several times this week so hope to see you there. I just recently went "vegan" to deal with allergies. I had been a long time sufferer, so finally decided to clean up my diet. The effects have been marvelous. I have energy like never before and my allergy symtoms are minimal now. I didn't want to lose my momentum b/c of traveling this week, so very happy I've found a good spot to relax and eat "clean".

Columbus, Oh
Destination Expert
for Columbus
7. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

Dragonfly Neo-V (also in Short North area) is good, a bit more expensive though.

Columbus
8. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

i think dragon fly is located just west of High St. on either 5th or King ave, either way a hotel or phonebook would be able to tell you.

Reynoldsburg,OH
reviews: 1
9. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

I am hardly a vegetarian but I just looked in one of my AP books and there some freebies and 2 for 1's to Blue Nile, Dosa Corner, Benevolence Cafe, and Whole World.

I guess that these are all vegetarian places.

Lac du Flambeau...
reviews: 181
10. Re: Good Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Columbus?

Dragon Fly is located on King; it's one of my son's fave places to dine in Columbus.

Get answers to your questions about Columbus