We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter Fishing - Kid friendly

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, West...
1 post
Charter Fishing - Kid friendly

Looking for a small day charter fishing trip for my husband and my 11 year old son. Departing anyone near/outside of Cleveland is fine. Hoping to fish anytime in Late August through September.

Not living in the area, the websites are difficult to discern. I am hoping to find a clean, non-smoking environment. Not a "Head boat" - more of a private charter with just a few other people, fully gear furnished. Unfortunately, most web sites post pics of people drinking and/or smoking and I just don't want them dealing with those challenges, knowing how much I'll likely be paying.

Any suggestions?

Destination Expert
for Ohio, Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,765 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Charter Fishing - Kid friendly

Here are a couple threads that may help you.

Unless you charter the entire boat, you'll likely have little control over smoking and drinking.

Perhaps consider instead one of the Cleveland Metroparks locations.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
410 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Charter Fishing - Kid friendly

Head to this site. www.shoreandislands.com They have several fishing charters for you to look at. Sandusky/port Clinton is not a party town.

3. Re: Charter Fishing - Kid friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 28, 2015