We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tasting in/around downtown

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
reviews: 40
Wine tasting in/around downtown

I'll be in town for about a week at the end of July for a conference and I'm a foodie and wino (in a good way). I know there are fantastic restaurants, but I'm looking more towards wine tastings. Not for sure what Ohio liquor laws are....so does anyone know if there are wine shops in the downtown area that have wine tasting during the week? or....great happy hours would work also but those usually mean discounted prices on their cheapest wine.

Thanks for the help and any ideas.

6 replies to this topic
Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 10
1. Re: Wine tasting in/around downtown

Will you have a car? Check out the following listings:

…cityvoter.com/best/…cleveland

Of the places mentioned, only #9 is downtown. #6 is located one stop from downtown on the Red Line rapid transit, right across from the West Side Market (a destination in itself for any foodie; note the Market is only open Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat) and next to Great Lakes Brewing company (an excellent microbrewery with a great beer garden).

The neighborhood, Ohio City (http://ohiocity.org/guide), is definitely worth exploring and was just rated by USA Today as one of the top 10 places to bar-hop around the world: …usatoday.com/destinations/…1

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Cleveland
reviews: 27
2. Re: Wine tasting in/around downtown

PJS, the article that you linked was from 2011. Is there a more recent one?

Anyway, it's good to know! I never knew that Ohio City had been rated as a top ten place to bar-hop in the entire world!

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 6
3. Re: Wine tasting in/around downtown

Rozi's wine shop in Lakewood frequently has tastings. Lakewood is a very short drive, or cab ride. We also have Uber and Lyft if you are looking for a ride. There is a relatively new wine bar in lakewood also, I believe it's called Humble wine bar and it is only a block or two from Rozi's.

Kansas City
reviews: 40
4. Re: Wine tasting in/around downtown

Thank you for the ideas....and no, I will not have a car.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Cleveland
reviews: 27
5. Re: Wine tasting in/around downtown

If you haven't seen it yet, this travel article may be helpful, especially the section on public transportation, which is pretty good in downtown Cleveland and between typical attractions. Note that Cleveland has free downtown bus trolleys, however, as the downtown is very compact, it's often easier to walk, especially if the weather is nice.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g50207-c198218/Clevel…

Enjoy Cleveland!

ohio
reviews: 4
6. Re: Wine tasting in/around downtown

D'Vine Wine. It's in what we call the Warehouse District located near Public Square (right in the center of downtown). Address is 836 West St Clair. They also serve food and there are many restaurants in the Warehouse District. You can easily walk from most downtown hotels. Not sure if they have "wine tastings". They have wine by the glass and also wine flights. Give them a call to get more info and check out their website.

Reply to: Wine tasting in/around downtown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted