We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

I know there is a crazy amount of traffic that weekend. I am wondering if there will be a lot of traffic NYC to Cleveland. I figure its not a huge destination and the highways should not be that busy Wednesday eveningand Sunday evening.

Thank you

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 6
1. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

There really isn't any traffic here in Cleveland to speak of that can compare to that of a big city or getting in and out of one for a holiday weekend. Once you clear the greater NYC area, I'm sure it will be fine. Lingering construction will be your biggest delay - some construction is so complex on the turnpike that the speed limit goes down to THIRTY, and they ARE ticketing, so be careful.

Hope you have a safe journey.

ohio
reviews: 21
2. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

My son makes the drive from NYC to NE Ohio every Thanksgiving. If you come across I 80, you should have no problem once you clear about 30 miles of NJ. The drive through PA is virtually all rural area. Be prepared though it takes him often 1-2 hrs. to get from his place through the Holland Tunnel. I assume the Lincoln Tunnel would be the same.

NYC
3. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

I live maybe a 5 min drive from the 80

NYC
4. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

When does he leave?

5. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 21, 2014