We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to kIngs Island

Which Blue Ash hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hannibal
Coming to kIngs Island

My husband and our two kids and I are coming to Kings Island the first full weekend in August and we had made reservations at the Comfort Suites in Blue Ash. I don't really want a hotel that is very close to the city and am not familiar with this area. Can anyone help?

The package deal is what attracted us to the hotel. But if it is going to have us close to the city, I would rather go somewhere further from the business district and pay a little more.

Thanks so much.

Danielle

Northern Kentucky
reviews: 4
1. Re: Coming to kIngs Island

Blue Ash is in the northern suburbs, a good 15 miles from downtown Cincinnati. There are a lot of offices in Blue Ash, so traffic is an issue during the work week. But you said you'll be there on a weekend, so you'll be fine.

I'm unfamiliar with the Comfort Suites, but Blue Ash in itself is a nice community, a ten minute drive from Kings Island. I'd keep my reservations.

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
2. Re: Coming to kIngs Island

Don't worry about it. You've reserved a good hotel in a nice upscale part of the city. That hotel is about 1 quarter mile south of the I-275 interchange so it will be free from any freeway noise. Plus it sits a fair ways back from the main road so it should be very quiet. It's next to Residence Inn and a Procter & Gamble research facility and a bunch of other office buildings.

Here is a google Maps aerial photo of it.

http://tinyurl.com/2z2h8n

It's the high rise with the pool to the left (west).

Reed Hartmann Highway (which it's on) is a long road mainly lined with office buildings. About a hundred yards south of your hotel are two shopping plazas with dining options (Ruby Tuesday, Chipotle, Caribou Coffee, Quiznos, Jersy Mikes Subs, Starbucks, Planet Smoothie), as well as two banks. Also nearby those are Wendy's, Subway, McDonald's, Gold Star Chili, Roly Poly, Panera, etc. It's about 7 freeway miles from Kings Island. Take Reed-Hartmann highway north, to I-275 east, to I-71 north, to the Western Row Exit. The hotel is in a business park area -- not really an urban industrial area, more like an upscale suburb. I live about a mile from there. It's about 19 miles from downtown Cincinnati.

I see no reason to go somewhere else and pay more. I've had relatives stay in that hotel and I've gone in the rooms. Relax -- you have nothing to worry about.

3. Re: Coming to kIngs Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Blue Ash
More Blue Ash Topics