We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Things on Rainy Day

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring Hill...
reviews: 4
Favorite Things on Rainy Day

When staying at CRT and the weather doesn't co-operate, what are your favorite things to do on a rainy day.

Danbury, Connecticut
reviews: 2
1. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

I like to talk to the staff. They are not as busy and, some of them, have time to chat. Also go in to Playa del Carmen with a rain coat and umbrella and walk around and get wet, not so many people out and that can be a fun time. Talk to the time share sharks and have a conversation with them and don't get "hooked" in by them.

If you are there with other people or have met some folks there you can do things together.

Polloman

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 64
2. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

Sitting either on my balcony listening to the sounds, or sitting in lobby bar/beach bar listening to the rain while having a nice cocktail.

Cheers

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 5
3. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

You could take the cocktail menu, open it up, start on the left and order them one at a time until the sun starts shining!

Edited: 5:50 pm, June 17, 2013
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

I'll defo be trying out what NanSea suggested!!

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 15
5. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

Haven't been there yet but ...sitting in the hot tub (sans lighting )...chatting up other vacationers that maybe lounging in the lobby...watching the rain from our room with coffee and dessert sounds good, a walk with an umbrella and non slippery shoes could be fun... reading in bed. ..I may need more advice from all of you..we will be there in Sept..so we expect some little rain storms ( OR maybe a lot of big ones!!)

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
6. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

Two consenting adults and a hotel room - 'nuff said!

Or as one witty regular said when the similar question was asked a few weeks ago "one consenting adult and a bottle of tequila".

!!!!!!!!!!

(I hope I don't get deleted for this.)

Richmond, BC
reviews: 15
7. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

It depends on the season. It is so hot in the summer that the rain would only enable us to swim more in the sea without the fear to get burned - have you ever tried to swim under the rain when the water is so warm that it even feels too warm at times?

Also there is a room service at the CRT and a gym.

Arizona
reviews: 10
8. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

We took an umbrella and hung out at the chill out section. There are hammocks, couches, ping pong and game tables all covered. We read while it rained. It was very relaxing. You can get there by the covering of the jungle.

9. Re: Favorite Things on Rainy Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 27, 2014