We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a house vs. all inclusive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xcalak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Littleton...
reviews: 3
Renting a house vs. all inclusive

Trying to decide whether it's cheaper to rent a house for our trip next spring with the entire family - 3 couples plus one infant. What obstacles would I encounter regarding safety in food in the grocery store and how to prepare meals in the house. (ie, making coffee, ice for drinks, etc.) Don't want the trip ruined with everyone getting sick! Looking to stay at a house in Playacar.

3 replies to this topic
Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
1. Re: Renting a house vs. all inclusive

You're in the wrong forum. I'd repost in the Playa del Carmen forum.

In the Playa del Carmen area, there are large supermarkets, even a WalMart.

I'd use bottled water for cooking. You can buy bags of ice made with purified water.

Personally, I wouldn't worry as much about the expense as I would the type of vacation that you're looking for.

Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Renting a house vs. all inclusive

the biggest obstacle will be your misconceptions about mexico. the food is safe and supermarkets are very much like ours. Making coffee would involve pressing the button on the coffee maker, you can buy bagged ice or make it in the fridge. with that many people a house can be inexpensive. some come with a maid and/orcook so maybe look for that. the great thing about a house is that you are more amongst the locals and away from the marble palaces.

www.vrbo.com

Littleton...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Renting a house vs. all inclusive

Thanks. After I posted I noticed it went to the wrong forum!

Reply to: Renting a house vs. all inclusive
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Xcalak