We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Zaci or La Aurora Hotel Colonial?

Which Valladolid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 5
Hotel Zaci or La Aurora Hotel Colonial?

Which would you recommend? We'd like to be close to the ADO station, in a central, safe area.

Canada
reviews: 10
1. Re: Hotel Zaci or La Aurora Hotel Colonial?

We stayed at Hotel Zaci and were satisfied. It's right next to the bus station.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 49
2. Re: Hotel Zaci or La Aurora Hotel Colonial?

I have stayed at the Zaci for years. Its close to the bus terminal and the main square. A very good value.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
reviews: 38
3. Re: Hotel Zaci or La Aurora Hotel Colonial?

Valladolid is small and very safe and can see no reason to spend a night near a bus station if I didn't have to. No idea of how far away from the bus station it is but my father and his better half stayed at Casa Hamaca and said it was great.

http://www.casahamaca.com/

BC
reviews: 95
4. Re: Hotel Zaci or La Aurora Hotel Colonial?

Not sure if this is too late for you, but I stayed at the Hotel Zaci in January and was very pleased. It was much nicer than I expected, we stayed in Superior rooms, which had mini split a/c (quieter). The pool is lovely.

It is a short walk from the bus station, thus we could carry our suitcases no problem. Although the sidewalks are crowded and busy with people. The location was perfect.

The bus station is near the centre of town, don't really know what Bill is talking about.

Limbo
5. Re: Hotel Zaci or La Aurora Hotel Colonial?

Casa Hamaca is indeed awesome, but a bit pricier than the other options being considered. But if you want to have a delicious breakfast included as well as a fantastic host that takes a personal interest in ensuring a good time, check out the rooms. He is also committed to not only integrating himself into the local Mayan community, but also giving tourists a close-up view of daily life both in Valladolid and in close-by villages.

I personally didn't need that introduction when I spent two nights there with my mom (I coincidentally already knew some of the people that work there) but if you want a personalized experience, the cost of the rooms is really negligible considering what he is willing to help you with! Plus, they are absolutely lovely, carefully designed, and comfy.

It is about five or six blocks away from the main square.

6. Re: Hotel Zaci or La Aurora Hotel Colonial?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 07, 2014