We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun airport to Vallalodid

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Valladolid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Cancun airport to Vallalodid

Does anyone know besides the bus from airport to Valladolid the cheapest way. husband will not rent a car. What about taxie? any adviSe would be greatly appreciated.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 2
1. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

Taxi? No way will that be cheap. Take the ADO bus. Reportedly some CUN airport to Valladolid transport is via a van. Personally I would go downtown and take one of the many buses before I took a van.

Some useful info here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
2. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

I do not see any transport from the Cancun airport to Valladolid tomorrow and the frequency from Cancun downtown may be a lot less than earlier this year. Could be a seasonal issue.

Ontario
reviews: 125
3. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

I looked into this as well and the only other options I found were private transfer (ie. USA Transfers to Chichen Itza round trip for 2 people was $479..Valladolid should be cheaper as it's closer to Cancun) and there was a hotel that had a special if you stayed there for 2 nights or more in an upgraded room (Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland : Special offer Free transportation). fwiw...when I see the word 'free'...I truly don't believe anything is free..lol.

The bus by far was a fraction of the cost.

:-)

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 66
4. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

There's not much left when you rule out the bus and you rule out a car.

Try a deluxe bus from the Cancun terminal. You may be surprised to see how luxurious the best Mexican buses are. Go for the most expensive; they're all an excellent value.

Michigan
5. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

You r right, checked into that $10 cheaper . we r wanting to go from Cancun airport to Valladodid for three days then go to akumal for four days spent in a condo. do you know how much it would be to taxi from Valladodid to Akumal?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
6. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

Suggestion: Forget the taxi for long distances. Use the ADO bus from Valladolid to Tulum then a taxi to Akumal. If you are opposed to the fine ADO bus system, then just pay the high taxi fare or use a private service for a more comfortable vehicle.

Edited: 7:40 pm, July 18, 2012
Michigan
7. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

Not opposed to the bus I guess just looking for a faster way. We arrive at airport at 1:20 in afternoon wanting to get to Valladodid. On way to Akumal I'm thinking that is the best way without a car , thanks for the info

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 66
8. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

First you said cheapest. Now faster.

Taxi is fast. The ADO deluxe buses (ADO, GL, Platino) are semi-fast; they don't make stops along the way, but you do have to go by their terminal in downtown Cancun.

Ontario
reviews: 125
9. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

luv-n-TULUM..I know I'm off topic but since you're looking at Valladolid..have you checked into the Mayan Adventure maps? I think the information on them is invaluable (inlcuding sites, transportation, food, etc.)..there's 2 maps...a really good one of Valladolid.

http://www.cancunmap.com/chichenitza-map.html

Michigan
10. Re: Cancun airport to Vallalodid

Sorry, thanks for your info.