We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Valladolid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car while at Ek Balam?

Cape Cod
1. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

Now that's an interesting question.

When I visited I noticed the parking lot was open to anyone. I was approached by a couple of local boys who were somehow connected to the gift shop off the parking lot. The offered to watch my car for me. I selected one boy, asked his name, and gave him 5 pesos to keep an eye on it and promised another 5 pesos when I came back.

Did I do it because I was concerned that someone would break into my car if I didn't? No. But there were a lot of young boys around, and I guess I felt there was an opportunity for mischief.

Have a good trip!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 2
2. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

I had the same "protection" offer by kids.

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

I have read about the young security there :)

We were going to visit Ek Balam on the morning that we drive up from Tulum and then drive to the airport the next day. We now have an appointment at Casa De Los Venados.on the morning we come from Tulum and so I am trying to figure out when we should visit Ek Balam. We have the afternoon we arrive, after our tour, or the next morning. I was thinking that if we go the next morning we would check out and take our luggage with us and the go to the airport from Ek Balam. Does one of those plans sound better? or is there another solution?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
4. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

I probably would not do it the morning you have to be at the airport. Something may come up and you would have to skip it. Other that not doing it then, whatever works for you.

Los Angeles...
5. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

We will be in Valladolid in late November. Do you think that it would be too hot to try to visit Ek Balam in the late afternoon?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
6. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

I was there in February and it was plenty warm/hot.

Los Angeles...
7. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

Our only choices are tn the morning before the airport or the afternoon before...

Cape Cod
8. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

The afternoon is fine, and not too hot. Go then. There may be a risk of a shower, but by late November you should be okay.

Have a good trip!

Los Angeles...
9. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

Thank you!! I think that it will be easier to go in the afternoon. It will mean less racing around on a very long day of travel.

Merida, Mexico
10. Re: Would it be safe to leave our luggage in our car at Ek Balam

going in the afternoon will be more relaxing... and remember...this is supposed to be fun! Not a marathon. Plus, you don't want to have to take a vacation after your vacation.