We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

By bus in the Yucatan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Valladolid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany New York
reviews: 12
By bus in the Yucatan

We've decided to travel around the Yucatan by bus, hoping to see a little more than we would by car. Thanks to posts from Robert SDF, we're going to Valladolid by bus, then a collectivo to Chichen Itza. Our next stop is Merida. The bus from C-I to Merida (according to Ticketbus) leaves in the afternoon; we'd prefer to leave in the morning. Are collectivos from C-I to Valladolid frequent? Can we get a bus in the morning from Valladolid to Merida? Or is there a better way to do this? (It would be nice if Ticketbus acknowledged the existence of Valladolid!) Thanks to all.....

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 60
1. Re: By bus in the Yucatan

Collectivos operate as soon as they are full--or the driver decides thats all they will get. And they are frequent. What you are seeing is the first class bus schedule. Oriente, also owned by ADO, operates many second class buses from Chichen to Merida and the buses are fine and comfortable with a/c but no reserved seats and many stops to pickup and discharge passengers. Or you can do as you said and backtrack to Valladolid and take a frist class ADO to Merida. It probably going to be about a toss up on the time whichever you choose.

I will be at the Valladolid terminal tomorrow and will send the first class schedule, if you want. For years, ticketbus did include Valladolid but found it necessary to eliminate many smaller cities. They left places like Chichen and Playa because they are tourist places--thankfully Valladolid is not.

Sounds like you have a good plan!

Albany New York
reviews: 12
2. Re: By bus in the Yucatan

Thank you; I'd very much like to have the bus schedule from Valladolid.

Atenas, Costa Rica
reviews: 1
3. Re: By bus in the Yucatan

Robert, could I beg a first class schedule from Valladolid to Cancun also? I really just need the morning schedule.

I know that TicketBus has eliminated various towns, but why would they leave Tizimin and omit Valladolid? It just doesn't make much sense to me.

4. Re: By bus in the Yucatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 12, 2009