We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a reply to never go back (Reef Yucatan Telchac) March 7

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Telchac Puerto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
a reply to never go back (Reef Yucatan Telchac) March 7

Sorry to hear of your poor experience.

At what time did you travel? Was it recent?

We are planning our third trip back in a few days and we have never experienced a dirty beach or smelly ocean water. The weather was very warm and any breeze that may have been blowing at times was very welcome as the sun was quite hot some days.

I cannot believe that nobody ventured into the ocean. I realize that it is not the carribbean, however, as I mentioned the times we were there there was many people in the ocean and pool as well.

It sounds like you stayed at a totally different resort. Perhaps you could elaborate on the beach area. I know that away from the hotel the stretch of beach does have alot of debris laying around but never directly in front of the hotel itself.

Regards,

Corona06

Cornwall, Canada
reviews: 41
1. Re: a reply to never go back (Reef Yucatan Telchac) March 7

Corona06...

I do think it makes a difference when you go here. We were at the Reef Club in January and not ONE person was in the Gulf water aside from my 6 yr old daughter. THe pool water was frigid, no one was swimming either.

Friends of ours went back in March for a month and they said the wind had died down, the water was warmer and the beach was much nicer.

When we went we realized this was not really a 'beach holiday' and so took advantage of the free bikes, and all the ruins, and various small towns to explore... we had a wonderful time!

Cheers,

Kathy