We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe in March

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
coventry england
Gran Bahia Principe in March

Hello all,

Me and my partner are taking our 1st visit to Mexico in March and are very excited, we just have a few questions that hopefully someone could help us with.

1. What is the weather really like in March?

2. We are planning to go and swim with dolphins, does anyone know the best place to go for this?

3. What is the nightlife like in Riviera Maya? and does anyone know the best places to go? we are both 23 and would like to go out a few nights and try there nightlife

Thanks x

Nuremberg
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

we´ve been there last march (14-28), the weather was great

swimming with dolphins ? - in the wild wild sea ?? - baaad idea !

you never know where they are and they are protected - if you touch them - you can get in trouble.

looking is not that big problem ;-)

nightlife ? - no idea, i´m old (37) *lol*

if you have a broadband connection - feel free to take a look at my video page, all shots are from march

http://home.arcor.de/beermacht

coventry england
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

Lol!!!

With swimming with dolphins I meant a place where we pay to swim with them, if I went to swim with them in the sea I would most def come face to face with a shark first because that would be my luck!!

I will have a look at your photos!!

Thanks x

Bless the Thermo Mug
reviews: 11
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

Hi coventry, I'm guessing that you have not yet decided on an exact hotel. The Riviera Maya is a catch-all phrase that generally describes all the areas to the south of Cancun, for about 80 miles. There is really only one town that has a real nightlife south of Cancun and that would be Playa del Carmen. Puerto Aventuras would be a much milder version.

Just about every hotel has a desk area where you can book your dolphin excursion, or your tour rep may have a desk at your hotel. You dont really need to book that prior to departure. We booked from our tour rep at the hotel when we went to the Catalonia in Puerto Aventuras in 2004.

If an exciting nightlife is important to you, you may want to restrict your options to Cancun or Playa del Carmen.

Remember that all flights will land in Cancun.

March is likely to be one of the best weather months you could choose.

coventry england
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

We are staying at Gran Bahia Principe, no nightlife isnt all that important we dont mind drinking at the hotel bars and so on but we thought we would go out and see some clubs aswell.

Thanks for the information about booking swimming with dolphins its something I have wanted to do since I can remember so im really looking forward to it.

Just another question is there a dress code for in the restaurants?

Thanks x

Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

BP has a dress code for men at the a la cartes for dinner, not for the buffets. And by dress code, men have to wear long pants, and a buttoned shirt, but a golf shirt will suffice - women no shorts to a la carte.

coventry england
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

Thanks for the dress code information, I read on one someones post that the restaurants were hot with little A/Cis that correct?

Thanks x

alberta
reviews: 3
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

coventrytravelers.... Xel-Ha is not far away from Bahia Principe and you can swim with the dolphins there. We did it and it was fun, there are 2 ways to do it...cheaper-you get like 20mins in water with them and touch them and More expensive-get about an hour, if I remember correctly and they will push you with their nose and you just get more time with them in the water. Both experiences were great, just depends which one is more for you. There is also great snorkelling, etc. to be had there. Easy to spend a whole day there.

coventry england
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

Thanks msimm for that information, I dont surpose you remember the prices? We would most def do the hour we feel 20 mins just isnt really that long enough!

Thanks x

alberta
reviews: 3
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

coventrytravelers

this has the longer dolphin swim price on it :

xel-ha.com/dolphins/swim-with-dolphins.php

If I remember correctly it was about 1/2 that price for the 'short and sweet' version. Hope this helps, and enjoy yourself, it is beautiful there.

There is also Xcaret which is still close to the area, you could check out their site and decide which one is better suited for you and your partner.Xcaret, I believe has night time shows as well as good snorkelling and the dolphin swim

http://www.xcaret.com/dolphins.php

Happy travels, Michele

10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 16, 2009