We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smelly rooms

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bigbum0204
reviews: 26
Smelly rooms

Hi going to coba in October. I'm a bit worried about the bad reviews the rooms are getting. A lot state the horrible smell in the room.

How bad a smell is this .

Are they all smoke free rooms

Which are good rooms

Thank you all replays are appreciated .

London, United...
reviews: 18
11. Re: Smelly rooms

we stayed at the Akumal 2 years ago. you notice a musty smelly but it's not due to be unclean. possibly the humidity. we have just had the same in Cuba. don't worry about it

Bucks
reviews: 14
12. Re: Smelly rooms

Hi! Really really don't worry about pongs and niffs...some people have extra sensitive offlactory wotsits,and so the humidity/tropics smell will seem strong!

We've just got back from the Coba-the smell isn't bad-you're in the tropics.....it's only a problem(possibly),if you leave your french window and room door open,then the aircon stops,and the room steams up and feels damp very quickly! I only noticed how damp/funky our clothes smelled when I unpacked at home...but then y'get that post holiday whiff wherever you go!!..just have a fantastic time....

Toronto, Canada
13. Re: Smelly rooms

I have to agree, I didn't find the smell in the room horrible or abad, just sort of tropical....and everyone we met weren't bothered by it and commented on the tropical flavour.....Good suggestion to pack an air freshener or a plug in or just a cheap can of spray, maybe all three but I too would probably not use it but nice to have just in case for peace of mind...

14. Re: Smelly rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 16, 2014