We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashford, United...
reviews: 32
Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

I know it's a long shot but would any British travellers know the rate that they got when using the ATM at the GP recently? I have called our bank who will charge 2.75% on every withdrawal. We would like to use the ATMs in the lobby's but wondered what the rates would be? We can get 17.97 pesos to the £1 at the moment getting small notes in the UK so would the rate be much lower from the ATMs? I would prefer to take half of our cash with us and leave half safe in the bank account until we need it. Any help would be appreciated :-)

Charleston, South...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

The ATMs at the Palladium have very good rates and vary depending upon the daily rate at the Banco Santander Serfin.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

We are just back and got a rate of 19.10 at the peso atm hope this helps x

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 80
3. Re: Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

If this is an ATM affiliated with a bank, then the exchange rate will be the interbank rate for that day. This is the rate published on finance.yahoo.com and other similar sites. It changes day by day, but you can always look it up.

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
4. Re: Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

We got more than 19 pesos to the pound at Tesco just 2 weeks ago. Just brought credit card for emergencies.

London, UK
reviews: 89
5. Re: Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

18.3 this morning. I should have bought at 19.8 when I had the chance

Traverse City...
reviews: 77
6. Re: Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

I'm pretty sure the atm doesn't care which country you are from - as n-moon already said, the rate is the rate. But you might look around for a card that will charge you less than 2.75%. Many of us use ones that don't charge tthat fee, but I have no idea if they are available to you.

7. Re: Peso rate from ATM at GP for British Travellers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2014