We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal beach

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
trimdon colliery
reviews: 1
Akumal beach

Hi were wanting to spend the day at Akumal beach I'm sure I read you can hire a locker at the dive shop is this correct and if so how much does it cost any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 14
1. Re: Akumal beach

We were there last year, I didn't see any lockers. You can rent gear and it's pretty cheap, I think it was $10 per jacket per day. They also have the goggles. I have a beach bag with a metal chain that can go around anything (palm lets say), you lock it up with a code. No one can take it or open it unless they dig out the tree. If you're interested let me know and I'll look it up, got it a couple of years ago and totally drawing a blank on the name.

Canada
reviews: 15
2. Re: Akumal beach

The lockers are behind Lol-Ha restaurant and at either of the dive shops about 10us.

Edited: 1:40 pm, April 22, 2013
Moncton, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Akumal beach

I believe the bags that were mentioned are from Kyss. I have one and they are just the greatest thing.

kyssbags.com

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: Akumal beach

Go to the CEA hut. We hired a guide for the wife and I for over an hour, a snorkel vest for my wife. They would have included snorkel gear also, but we had our own. They kept our stuff for us while we were out snorkeling. I think it only cost us $25.00

Edited: 5:42 pm, April 22, 2013
trimdon colliery
5. Re: Akumal beach

thank you for all the information I'm really looking forward going to Akumal beach

Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Re: Akumal beach

I am wondering if and where the turtle swim takes place. We are staying at the Grand Oasis and heard it is a 40 minute walk up the beach. I am bringing a camelbak so we have plenty of water, surf shoes, and extra suntan lotion. Has anyone made this trek up the beach and/or can you pinpoint the location on googlemaps or something similar so I can get an idea of where in reference this is at to make sure we don't walk for 30 mins and turn back 500 yards from the recreation spot.

Thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
7. Re: Akumal beach

quote:I am wondering if and where the turtle swim takes place

Hope its reef friendly sunscreen

Read all my hints and maps I posted over in Top Questions

When you reach Akumal Bay and the Lol-Ha bar/restaurant - you are there

Edited: 3:32 pm, April 23, 2013
U.S.
reviews: 11
8. Re: Akumal beach

We are just back...

We went right out from Lol Ha, and then circled around to the right to see some fish and reef from there... It was great!!!

Got lockers and equipment (vest, etc...) and shower from Akumal Dive... and a great DVD at a good price, from their underwater photographer.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 9
9. Re: Akumal beach

I have done the walk a couple of times. There are a couple of points where you have to watch your step but otherwise it's a nice walk on the beach. Takes closer to an hour if you are taking your time. I have found the dive shops don't always rent lockers if you aren't renting equipment-but thats just my experience. Just go to cashier at Lol Ha and she will rent you a locker by their washrooms. 100 pesos plus deposit for the key last time I was there last summer.

pa
10. Re: Akumal beach

We were just there. We rented life vests at the dive shop for $5 each. The locker was free. They give you a key on a rope you can hang around your neck