We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posting baby food to the hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Posting baby food to the hotel

Hi,

I was wondering if any parents of infants had ever posted baby food parcels over to their destination hotel prior to traveling to save on baggage weight?

We are going to Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Hotel in Mexico in June with a 10mth old.

Any advice or experience on the matter (or on the hotel itself) greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T

Boston...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Posting baby food to the hotel

I wouldn't. What if it gets delayed or lost? You would only need to pay the excess baggage 1 way.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Posting baby food to the hotel

You can buy baby food there. Just take a taxi to the nearby Walmart or Chedrow (sp?) market.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
3. Re: Posting baby food to the hotel

We also would buy it there, except there are so many vegetable options to be able to mash them up, we never needed to buy any anyway. Lots of options for little ones, veggies, pasta, rice, etc.

Manchester, United...
4. Re: Posting baby food to the hotel

Thanks everyone, we will buy it over there I recon.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
5. Re: Posting baby food to the hotel

Although you've already made your decision (and a smart one, IMHO), I'd add that the Mexican postal service is notoriously bad .... and I mean REALLY bad. Courier/private delivery services (e.g. Fed Ex) are more reliable but horrifically expensive.

6. Re: Posting baby food to the hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 25, 2014