We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Explor Park

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 7
Explor Park

Planning a trip in May to visit EXplor park. Does anyone know what is the best day of the week to visit? Of course a day where is it not so busy would be nice! I looked into paying online but it appears you need to specify the day if your visit, which is not ideal, given in previous years we have issues of illness or too much sun!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 2
1. Re: Explor Park

Xplor.travel

They used to be closed on Sunday. If there are more people traveling on Saturday it may be a good day to go.

bakersfield, CA.
reviews: 120
2. Re: Explor Park

I am trying to find the same answer for a May visit. Check out the May cruise ship schedule for Cozumel, because there can be several ships in port and excursions include Xel-Ha and Explore. One day there are as many as 4 ships and around 8 thousand people......so I have been told. I do not know this for sure.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: Explor Park

no cruise ships in Coz on Sundays (and a big travel day at the airport)

However their website says

Can we visit the park on a Sunday?

Xplor is opened from Monday to Saturday, from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.. Exceptions are made during vacation periods (December, Easter and summer).

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
4. Re: Explor Park

Not everyone from a cruise ship goes to the mainland. Of the ones who do, there are multiple attractions.

Plus many people from the PDC area should be able to get to any given attraction at opening.

bakersfield, CA.
5. Re: Explor Park

I am well aware that not every cruiser comes over to the mainland.

Unless you have been to Explor and Xel-Ha (as I have been) when the ships are docked, you have no idea just how crowded these parks are. Arriving when the parks open, only get you about a 2 hour reprieve.

California
reviews: 16
6. Re: Explor Park

Here's a link to the cruise ship schedule for Coz:

…cruisett.com/schedule/…

There are some days that have a 20,000 passenger load!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
7. Re: Explor Park

The cruisett.com site is still listing the Carnival Triumph. I believe that it is still undergoing repairs.

I typically use this site:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CRUISESHIPS

Only one boat this past Saturday. Combine that with it being a big travel day and that could be the best day to go to Xplor.

bakersfield, CA.
8. Re: Explor Park

Thank you, your link will be a big help!

Toronto
reviews: 15
9. Re: Explor Park

I really wouldn't worry and would just go on the day you want...

I went to Xplor during my trip Dec 26 2012-Jan 2 2013. I believe we went on a Saturday. Either way that is by far the busiest week of the year and I didn't find it crowded or that we had a long wait.

michigan
10. Re: Explor Park

Juliepcb--I concur, just pick a day and go. We went in mid-January, but I can't remember which day. It was busy, but we got to do pretty much what we wanted. It's pretty hard to time, given the location; it's very accessable from many areas.

The best advice I heard was to make sure you are there when they open, as there are tour busses coming from various areas that most likely will show up a bit after opening, so you can beat some of the crowd.

Edited: 8:44 am, May 13, 2013