We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a snorkeling trip in May to Akumal Bay

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 30
Planning a snorkeling trip in May to Akumal Bay

We will be spending a day snorkeling at Akumal Bay and Yal-Ku lagoon in May. I was wondering if it is still possible to rent chairs on the beach at Hotel Akumal Caribe? Or does anyone know the current charge for a day pass to Akumal Beach Resort? We did day passes a couple of years ago there and enjoyed having lunch and drinks there and a place to relax on the beach. Not sure if we would spend enough time there to justify the price of the day pass this time, though. Thanks!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
1. Re: Planning a snorkeling trip in May to Akumal Bay

10$ chair rental at HAC each

$50 pp day pass for ABR

All depends on what you want to spend

Indiana
2. Re: Planning a snorkeling trip in May to Akumal Bay

Thank You so much for your help. $50.00 per person for a day pass at ABR is rather expensive. I think I would rather rent some chairs from the hotel and have some lunch and beers at Lol Ha. And then perhaps La Buena Vida for dinner! I can't wait! Thanks again!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: Planning a snorkeling trip in May to Akumal Bay

Lol-Ha now rents the chairs, rather than HAC

Have fun

Indiana
4. Re: Planning a snorkeling trip in May to Akumal Bay

Thank You so much for the information!

Ohio
reviews: 9
5. Re: Planning a snorkeling trip in May to Akumal Bay

Go about 10km south to Casa Cenote. For $30/person we went on a panga trip inside the reef at Tankah Bay, sometimes they go down farther so you snorkel within sight of the Tulum Ruins. You can then snorkel the Cenote on the other side of the road by the beach. There's an okay restaurant, but Miguel at the dive/snorkel shop is great. One advantage of this trip is you can snorkel in the thermocline where the cold fresh water and warm bay water mix. Tons of fish. Then he will take you out - still inside the reef - to a deeper section of reef (no more than 10') where turtles are common.

6. Re: Planning a snorkeling trip in May to Akumal Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 30, 2014