We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 2
GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

Hey. We are leaving next week for 10 days at the Tulum section, which I gather is a more sedate portion of the resort. In terms of day/night activities, what would you reccomend for an 18 year old girl? In addition, I doubt the disco is the best place for her unless she has an (older) adult with her?

charleston, sc
reviews: 5
1. Re: GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

there is a kids disco at the Coba section every night before their nightly show

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
2. Re: GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

at 18 yrs old, she can go to the adult disco

she may not to disco with 13-17 yr olds

lots of nightly entertainment at each section

Ottawa, Canada
3. Re: GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

Is the disco safe for an 18 year old? Also, read that tulum sectionis mainly older people, and she may enjoy coba more during the day?

essex
4. Re: GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

Go with her to both ....then discuss

Halifax, Nova Scotia
reviews: 4
5. Re: GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

in my experience, the Tulum is actually the more "party" section. Their pool offers lots of fun activities all day long at that pool vs the akumal pool. I haven't venutred much up to the Coba pool. Encourage her to make some friends :]

vernon canada
reviews: 3
6. Re: GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

Mini disco ( before the main show ) is aimed at the 3 - 8 crowd. Doubt she would enjoy it.

I wouldn't want my teen going to the Disco unless an adult was there with her. If it was a group of 2 or 3 known friends or relatives than it''probably OK , but not alone. All kinds of people come to the resort , some young , some not , some drink way too much. disco at the hacienda doesn't even open until 11 or 12

Ottawa, Canada
7. Re: GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

Thanks for the advice. Likely she would be with at least one parent or Aunt-Uncle, wasn't really planning on her going alone. Just wanted to know the best place (s) for her to enjoy her vacation away from us "fossils".

8. Re: GBP-travelling with 18 yr. old daughter...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 27, 2014