We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many Pesos??

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
How many Pesos??

Hello! Travelling with wife and 4 kids (teens) to GBP Tulum on Tuesday for a week How many Pesos should I take with me?

chicago
reviews: 19
1. Re: How many Pesos??

Just bring a few hundred dollars, atm card and credit card

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
2. Re: How many Pesos??

I bring about 3000 pesos for tipping and small diy trips and some shopping

Traverse City...
reviews: 52
3. Re: How many Pesos??

If I'm not misinterpreting your question...You shouldn't bring any pesos from Boston. You should use the Santander airport atm machine after you collect your bags, or one of those in PDC on your way down....

Charleston, South...
reviews: 15
4. Re: How many Pesos??

I bring a bunch of US ones and fives for tipping. For anything else I use the ATM at the resort which dispenses pesos.

Lincoln, Nebraska
reviews: 14
5. Re: How many Pesos??

Playaguy, why coming from Boston should they use the Santander ATM? Is it affiliated with US banks? I'm only asking to know for myself. I always bring pesos with me because I have no idea which ATM is which or why one would use one over another....

Sherwood Park...
reviews: 8
6. Re: How many Pesos??

I'm with vancouversundog - about 3000 pesos a week. The ATM at the Hacienda dispenses pesos and has a fairly good exchange rate, so we bring some pesos from home to get us started and then use the ATM.

Traverse City...
7. Re: How many Pesos??

The atm at the airport happens to be Santander, that's all. It has a low fee attached - esp compared to those in Akumal - but there's no other special reason - though I'm pretty sure they have a partnership with B of A, so no transaction fees. But it's simply always right there as you exit, so we never need to worry about having pesos when we land. Bathrooms right there too so we get that all-important pit stop.

Re the above comment about atm exchange rates - I dont think the atm has anything to do with setting those rates.

Traverse City...
8. Re: How many Pesos??

But to get back to the OP - If he feels more comfortable already having pesos with him, then that's what he should do. I just wanted to point out other options, esp considering he will have US dollars...The reality is he can probably get through his whole trip w/out exchanging at all....

9. Re: How many Pesos??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 13, 2014