We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Palladium should I book?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 21
Which Palladium should I book?

We are travelling with a teen and tween and would like to book at the Grand Palladium. In know the resort is split into 4 hotels. There is a price difference of about 300 dollars. Any susggestions on which to book would be appreciated.

Thanks

west virginia
reviews: 22
11. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

I agree book the section that is the lowest price. Use the extra $$$ to get out and see the country you're in.

Pacific Grove...
reviews: 7
12. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

Weloveholidays,

It's true both big pools have entertainers, but I find the Riviera main pool quieter. The Riviera pool is usually less crowded even during high season. Every area has it's perks. I enjoy being able to move around the resort depending on the mood I'm in. We just returned from our stay 2 weeks ago. We spent more time at the Kantenah beach this trip.

Have a wonderful trip in April. We've been end of April, beginning of May and had perfect weather.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 29
13. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

Great question, been wondering myself since I have my eye on this resort for Easter 2014 with three teens. Please let us know what you decide and why.

Richmond, BC
reviews: 15
14. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

If you are traveling no kids you can use the smaller and quieter adult only pool that is connected to a huge Riviera pool area by a bridge. There is a small separate bar as well there (not a swim up).

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 25
15. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

We are considering Palladium for the summer with children and also wondered if Kantenah was nicer than White Sands? Colonial? As far as room quality (updated and location to the beach). There are five of us so we will want two rooms. Probably junior suites so none of the kids have to share a bed (less fighting that way!) Why are some priced higher if they are equal?

Pocatello, Idaho
reviews: 64
16. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

I have noticed on the boards that people mention recent refresher-updates to the Kantenah rooms, as opposed to the colonial rooms. People furthermore say that the colonial rooms are still fine.

Anybody return from a recently refreshed Kantenah room?

We stayed at the royal suites last year, but we are thinking of going back maybe, and in such a case just saving the 500 bucks and getting a standard room.

St. Thomas
reviews: 16
17. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

We are going for our wedding in October and were thinking of staying in Kantenah... Stayed in Royal last time but for 10 days we are planning on going it is only 250 more to stay at Royal. No brainer for $25/night

Mundelein, Illinois
reviews: 18
18. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

We are traveling in early June with three teens 19, 16 and 15. Because we are using frequent flier miles, we are limited to the Colonial. Couple of questions for those who have been there, please?

1) I am concerned about the resort in general with teens - looks like a fun place for them but is it difficult to keep track of them? Is it possible to, for example, agree to all stay at one resort are (like the Colonial today) and still hope to find them when you want to - or have them be able to find you when necessary?

2) From what I am reading and gathering, the standard rooms do not have pull-out beds in them ... is that correct? The standard room descriptions jsut say "two doble beds". Are these really just plain DOUBLE beds? If so, our eldest boys wouldn't have a chance of being able to sleep comfortable together in one? Will they provide a cot?

3) Anybody been there in early June? I am wondering if the resort is likely to be full?

4) Anybody know what room types are most likely to be connecting rooms? Do the standard rooms connect or just suites?

I realize I have asked alot ... any tidbit from anybody, especially those who have been there with teens, would be appreciated. The teens are difficult ... you want them to have enough to do but not so much to do that they "disappear" and get into trouble!

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 41
19. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

The resort in its entirety is amazing. And because anyone can use any facility irregardless of where you stay (the Royal the only exception), then really it boils down to the room......if you prefer a one bedroom suite so the kids are in the same room but seperate than the Riviera or White Sands is perfect. Also, if you prefer a "newer" room then again the Riviera and White Sands is perfect. We have stayed at both, and the walk to the Colonial pool, where we hung out the majority of the time was absolutely no problem.

Havre St. Pierre...
reviews: 28
20. Re: Which Palladium should I book?

I am also really interested to k ow if it is possible to have a cot. I have two boys of 7 and 9, and there is no way that they will sleep together. So we would like to have a king for us, the sofa for one kid and a cot for the other one. That is what we got at GBP Coba last December and it was fantastic! We are going to GP Riviera in July.