We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Coba no drinks after 11?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston
reviews: 1
GBP Coba no drinks after 11?

Hi there. I am thinking about going to this resort but a friend told me that the bars stop serving alcohol at 11 PM.

I'm not a big party animal but it seems kind of early. Is this true?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 15
1. Re: GBP Coba no drinks after 11?

We haven't stayed at GBP Coba but have stayed at GBP Akumal and Tulum.

I believe they close the bars at a certain time (11 sounds about right) but they still serve alcohol at the 24 hour snack bar and they serve alcohol at the disco in the Hacienda. I guess the primary purpose is to move those who want to party to the disco - making it more of a lively party place while keeping the other areas quiet.

Kingston
reviews: 1
2. Re: GBP Coba no drinks after 11?

That makes sense. Thanks for the quick response.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: GBP Coba no drinks after 11?

they DID stop booze at the Coba 24 HR snack bar section late last year due to Yahoos drinking it up to much

They have restarted the 24 hr drinking but are watching it carefully

ontario,canada
reviews: 8
4. Re: GBP Coba no drinks after 11?

Need not to worry, they have bars open!! live bands areas close after a certain point but there are others to travel to. We had a blast here!! loved it!!

5. Re: GBP Coba no drinks after 11?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 01, 2014