We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currently at the Oasis Tulum

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 1
Currently at the Oasis Tulum

I figured with all the questions and concerns I would try to help and provide any info I could, I am currently here, arrived 12/7, I know I appreciated others updates while they were here and would try the same.

Iowa
reviews: 4
1. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

If there's away to find out a good upper level "Grand" Oceanfront room # that would be great! Any other must knows are helpful.

Ohio
2. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

The grand side of the resort is still under construction although the restaurants on that side are expected to open in a week. The ocean front grand rooms do not have balconies, they have one large window that swings open from the center. We booked almost a year ago, at that time it was just one resort and had not been split into two, we are in the oasis section ocean front in one of the condos.

Edited: 10:29 am, December 10, 2012
Iowa
3. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

Then I'll need an email address to the resort, if you can locate one, because a balcony is a must, if I'm ocean front. We're coming down on 2/22/13 so hopefully much more construction will be completed. Thanks!

Ohio
4. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

Our room 4233 in the condo section is ocean front second floor, there are three floors, with a good balcony and nice view, the breeze and waves are nice to sleep to night. It looks like they will be done by February, they are putting furniture into the grand rooms and the restaurants are very close to opening. We ate at careyes last night, it is one of the grand only restaurants, not fully open yet but they do the anniversary dinners and the romantic dinners you pay extra for. It was the best meal thus far.

Edited: 11:31 am, December 10, 2012
Iowa
5. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

Do you see ANY balconies over at the "Grand" side? If you say it should be complete by Feb. I'm hoping they have some balcony rooms open??

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

We were looking at the construction on the Grand side. Seems like they are eliminating the balconies. We could be wrong but it appears that the "pivoting" windows allows it to seem like an open to oceanfront room. We were wondering what stops someone who is a bit tipsy from falling out? Looks like contemporary style is what they are aiming for on that side. Can't wait to see!

Ohio
7. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

Ditto to what loves mexico said, the wife has already said we are coming back and getting an ocean front room with the pivoting window. I do not see any barrier in place, it seems as though its a risky room for heavy drinkers or families with little kids.

Iowa
8. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

If I'm facing the ocean is there any direction I can walk to find a sandy entry and some ocean waves to "play" in?

Saskatchewan, Can
reviews: 6
9. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

How many and which al a cartes are open? Dress code? Just one pool or? How many bars?

Vancouver, British...
10. Re: Currently at the Oasis Tulum

Are having fun?Would you go back if the resort was fully open? I am thinking of bringing my family in March, but the reviews are brutal.