We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in riviera maya

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nj
where to stay in riviera maya

Can anyone suggest a great resort with a nice beach?

I hear some beaches are rocky

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 5
1. Re: where to stay in riviera maya

The best beach in the Akumal area is ABR (Akumal Beach Resort), not a 5 star for food and rooms, but the view is amazing.

You might need to give us some more info, when, travelling with whom, things you are looking for (activities, food, etc ) Do you want AI or not???

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
2. Re: where to stay in riviera maya

Maroma Beach is touted as one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Secrets Maroma Beach and El Dorado Maroma are two very nice adult only resorts on that very beach. There's also a Catalonia resort that's family friendly on the same beach. I think it's called Catalonia Privileged or something similar. And then there's Maroma Resort & Spa that isn't all inclusive (at least, I don't think it is).

There are plenty of other "great resorts with a nice beach" in the area but, as per Neilalex, we need to know more information, e.g.:

- all inclusive or not;

- location - if you go non AI and you're not close to town, you're may need to rent a vehicle.

If you want AI:

- adult only or family friendly

- how important is a good kids club, babysitting

- reservations required for dinner or not

- all a la carte for dinner ok or must there be a buffet

- wristbands required or not (a deal-breaker for some people)

- location - d'you want easy access to offsite bars, restaurants and shopping or will you be spending most of your time on site

And, most importantly, what time of year d'you plan on visiting and what's your budget.

With the greatest of respect, asking for a "great resort with a nice beach" is like asking for a great restaurant with good service in New York. There are so many options that without more information, it's just impossible to give recommendations.

nj
3. Re: where to stay in riviera maya

Thanks. it will be mostly family vacation next June but I like to plan ahead

4. Re: where to stay in riviera maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:02 pm, January 17, 2013
nj
5. Re: where to stay in riviera maya

thanks, i will check it out for sure

6. Re: where to stay in riviera maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, December 17, 2013