We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire
reviews: 1
Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

Hi All

We have booked to go to Sirenis next summer. We have been allocated the Mayan Beach side of the resort by our tour operator, does anybody know if any of the rooms have interconnecting doors between rooms? Also is this the livelier side for activities etc. I have my two teenagers 18 & 14, is there much for them to do (mainly the 18 year old). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
reviews: 67
1. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

Both the Mayan and the Maya side have their attributes. We prefer the Maya side because it is closer to the main activity pool (athough some may not like it because of the noise).

The entertainment staff has activities in the main pool going from 10am-4pm. If your teenagers are not shy, they should get involved! I'm normally NOT a joiner, but I had a great time with the games, competitions, tequila volleyball, etc. Not to mention, there is snorkeling, kayaking, the lazy river, and alot of activities that your family can participate in going on at the resort all day i.e. bike rides, archery lessons, cooking classes...they will give you a list of these activities upon your arrival. All this is included with your package.

I cannot suggest it enough: GO TO COCO BONGOS one night. We went with my Mom when we were teenagers and had A BLAST! It is a late night for parents, but SO much fun! Prepare by taking a nap the afternoon of the night you plan to go. Addl perk : Your teens will consider you the coolest parents EVER! The show is brilliant for teens and parents alike! The entertainment staff at the hotel will go with you , arrange transportation and VIP status, take care of everything.

There is a disco at the resort that opens at 11pm or so, but I've never been...I'm usually asleep by then.

Your family is going to have a great time! GS is a fantastic resort - we will be there in 3 weeks!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
2. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

COCO BONGOS

I thought the age limit was 18 yrs and up

No interconnecting doors that I know of

Email the resort (info over in Top Questions)

Bedfordshire
3. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

Thankyou both you have been very helpful. I little concerned to say the least that we may not have interconnecting rooms.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
reviews: 67
4. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

You could contact the hotel to see if they have a 2 room suite available? May cost a bit more, but if it puts your mind at ease, it'll be money well spent.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
reviews: 5
5. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

The resort does offer family suites that sleep up to five. I have never stayed in a room there that had a connecting door.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
6. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

I've never managed to get a connecting room for my clients and I've been selling this hotel since the day they opened. I even had my sisters there last year and begged for an adjoining room and couldn't get one. I have been there and there was not a connecting door. The lady I spoke to for my sisters' said the connecting rooms are few and far between, so very hard to get. However, summer is low season so you may have more luck.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

We were told that they have very limited number of connecting rooms. Should not be a problem -- get rooms close together, and get one key for the room where your kids will sleep. If the rooms are next to each other, the two balconies will be close, almost like one as well.

there's really no difference between the two sides, all pools and areas can be used by people with rooms in either side. We prefer Riv Maya side because it is closer to theater and we don't have to walk across the big bridge at night to get back to our rooms. But with such young kids, you must be pretty young as well, and this should not be a problem if you have to be in Mayan Beach side. Some of the a la cartes are on each side. There are two lobbies, you can visit either. Same with the buffets. Their theme night buffets are good.

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 3
8. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

We stayed at this resort with 3 rooms booked and just asked for rooms on the same floor in the same villa and they didn't even do that. And I asked prior to our arrival as well as having our travel agent send that with our booking. If resorts don't listen I don't go back there are lots of places to stay.

Bedfordshire
9. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

Thanks all, think I should get in touch with the hotel direct, don't want to be fretting over this til we go. Its more that if my son goes out later than us (which is most likely!!) I don't want my 14 year old daughter in the room on her own.Thanks

Bedfordshire
10. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort & Spa ”

Hi

Would anyone know the email address of a nice contact at the hotel that may be available to help me. I have had no response from my email via their website and would like to clear this matter up............. I am not the first person surely to have concerns over this matter, am I??

Thanks