We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
reviews: 24
Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

I thought I had decided I wanted to book colonial for next year but now I've looked at grand sirenis and can't decide. Anyone perhaps been to both and could give honest comparison.

Food of course is very important but hubby is a diver so any info on any of the resorts diving schools would be great. I really want to get it booked ASAP as price keeps creeping up and if it's done I can start saving.

If only I could afford both! But I can't so any preferences Akumal experts?

Charleston, South...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

The Palladium has a lot more options as guests at all four resorts can use all amenities including 9 ala cartes. (Royal guest have extra amenities). The diving would depend on the dive center at the resort. You can check Scuba Caribe.com which is the Dive Center at the Palladium and get very good reviews.Snorkeliing is good at both.

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
reviews: 25
2. Re: Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

i have been to both the grand sirenis and palladium and would choose palladium - the rooms are big at the sirenis but the food is much better at the palladium - also a much better beach as the sirenis is in a cove and has a mostly rocky entrance. there is a sandy entrance at the far left where the snorkling is the best though

Reading, PA
reviews: 6
3. Re: Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

I have been to both resorts. Keep in mind the Sirenis was 4 years ago. Definitely would go back to Palladium (matter of fact we are in 2 1/2 weeks) for the third time. We just enjoy Palladium MUCH more than Sirenis.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
4. Re: Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

Why do an AI - look at a condo / hotel in the Akumal area

3 great dive shops there

glasgow
5. Re: Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

So it's looking like its Colonial so far. I will make my decision and just book t tomorrow at the latest.

Anyone that's been know cost of upgrading to royal service for a few days at the end? We dd this last year in Cuba and it really topped off the holiday.

Thanks for all your advice.

Calgary
reviews: 11
6. Re: Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

The dive shop at the Palladium is great. They will do pick ups at the Sirenis, we stopped there to pick up/drop off. It's just around the "corner" fro the GP.

We stayed at the GP and I did 2, two tank dives and the staff were wonderful and very knowledgeable. They do alot more than just the open water dives, I almost did a cenote dive but ran out of time. If you book online before you go you can get a bit of a discount. Google Scuba Caribe

glasgow
7. Re: Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

Thanks for all the replies. Now booked for palladium colonial for September next year. Only 15 months to go!

8. Re: Grand Palladium colonial or Grand sirenis Mayan beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, June 20, 2013