We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Best Beach?

Which resort has the best beach? Calm, shallow, for kids, blue and not murky?Soft SAnd?

Colorado
reviews: 14
1. Re: Best Beach?

In the Akumal area I would have to say either Oasis Akumal or the Akumal Beach Resort. Both have very beautiful beaches with calm water and gorgeous sand. A little further north, the Club maeava Tulum has an excellent beach as well, and the Copacabana has a great beach but there is a little more wave action.

We find the Akumal Beach Resort to be the perfect combination of good snorkeling, great beach and calm water. Hope this helps.

Vancouver, BC
2. Re: Best Beach?

I've heard what HeidiCO posted that Akumal beach resort is the best for the beach. We leave in 2 weeks for ABR and have a young child so I'll let you know more when we're back.

Montreal
reviews: 3
3. Re: Best Beach?

We have just returned from the Copacabana because of the hurricane. The Copa has a wonderful beach. The waves are small incomparison to New Jersey, let's say and they also have a wonderful kids' club. They were almost finished with their damage repairs from Emily. I am hoping that Wilma will not cause too much damage. It is a nice small hotel, 234 rooms. The staff will get to know your children and will keep an eye out for them. The water is clear to the bottom and the sand is soft, soft, soft.