We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia for children?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland, USA
reviews: 10
Grand Bahia for children?

Our children will be 12 & 9.

Thinking about the Grand Bahia. Would love to hear other experiences at this resort with children.

A few years ago we stayed at the Iberostar Tucan and the kids had a blast.

We just want to try something different.

Thanks

Lisa

Toronto, Canada
1. Re: Grand Bahia for children?

Lots of children at this resort and lots for them to do. You will be happy you picked this resort.

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 27
2. Re: Grand Bahia for children?

It's a great place for kids, take a lot of beach toys, we also take things like travel games, cards, etc. Blow-up stuff for the pool...

The mini-disco in the evening is one of the best we've ever seen. All the kids at least get a little "consolation" candy bag, winners of the games get tshirts. Thursday nights they have the kids do pinatas...a lot of fun. The animation team here really seem to enjoy working with the kids.

Maryland, USA
3. Re: Grand Bahia for children?

Thanks

Hartford...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Grand Bahia for children?

lisareneeo,

We just go back last night from GBP AKumal. Our kids are a little younger than yours (4 & 7) and they loved it. There is definitely as much (or as little) to do as you want. We stayed at the Iberostar Maya in July. I will say that I thought the Iberostar was a little more kid-focused than the Bahia, but that also could have been because we were there in the summer and this time we were at the Bahia when it wasn't school vacation, so most of the kids were younger. I think there might be more older kids when it is school vacation. The bahia is beautiful and if your kids love the water there is enough to keep them busy and happy with all the definite pools and huge beach area. Have fun!

Maryland, USA
5. Re: Grand Bahia for children?

Thanks,

When we stayed at the Tucan/Quetzal we went to Playa to shop.

Is there anything around the Bahia? This time we are going for 7 nights (last time just 5) and I want to venture out of the resort once or twice.

We will be there a few days after Easter so I imagine other kids will be there. Were there shows and entertainment in the evening for kids?

Which Bahia section did you stay in? Does it make a difference in which one we choose? I am trying to read and research but it all gets confusing.

We are still thinking about staying closer to Playa del Carmen or maybe even Cancun. We have one resort in each area (including the Bahia) picked out and am just trying to narrow it down.

Thanks

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 27
6. Re: Grand Bahia for children?

The Coba section doesn't seem to get as many kids as the other two, probably because it's further from the beach, therefore more walking. As I said earlier, the kid's mini-show in the evening is great. We stay in the Akumal side, and the staff seems to just LOVE the kids there.

Maryland, USA
7. Re: Grand Bahia for children?

Thanks everyone!

8. Re: Grand Bahia for children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 17, 2009