We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

I see bldg. 47 is located between pools and close to the beach. Bldg. 66 appears closest to the beach according to the map. What are the services in the larger buildings close to bldg.47?

Toronto, Canada
1. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

What do you mean by "what are the services"? Do you mean what are in those buildings?

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
2. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

Yes

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

The lobby bar and the Pakal bar are the big strutures you see next to #47, the smaller round structure is a spa place for massages and braids.

Leesburg, Virginia
reviews: 5
4. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

Just got back - stayed in 4715. Although Bldgs 66 and 47 are both beachfront, the area in front of 66 is not a big swimming and laying out area. Bldg 47 is beachfront and close to most amenities as noted - pool, lobby (which is a big tram station for getting around), bars, bathrooms, restaurants, towel pickup, etc. This place is very spaced out and Bldg 66 is waaaay far from a lot of that stuff.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
5. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

Are the buffets close to either bldg. 66 or 47?

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
6. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

Thanks Skier and Loafy - This is the info we were looking for.

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 27
7. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

Buffet is close to 47, 48, 49.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 1
8. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

We stayed in Villa 49 last year and it was fantastic! Close to everything.

I'm like the rest wondering who are 'posters' on the forum when I get there...the funny thing is...now I can just look for the 'pink water shoes' and may know ;o)

spikes

san diego, ca
reviews: 21
9. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

Building 47 is awesome. It was a few steps to the pool, lobby, buffet, and beach. It was also oceanfront. We felt like we won the lottery!! We loved being next to the lobby bar as we could run over & pick up top shelf drinks while getting ready for dinner :)

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 3
10. Re: GBP Akumal bldg.66 or bldg.47

Wife and I stayed in Building 66. We both agreed that building 47 would be handier to all of the amenities but the foot traffic outside the building is alot heavier. Building 66 (third floor) is beautiful, right on the water, very few people walking in front and great for star watching at night as there are not many bright lights in the area. It is close to the Royal Golden Lobby and the Snack Bar. We did not mind the walk to the lobby buffet. Need a little walking to wear off the food. I timed it once it only takes about 5 minutes to walk from 66 to the main lobby.