We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 adults 8 teens

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
reviews: 5
8 adults 8 teens

4 couples, early 40s with 8 kids ranging 13-17 mix of boys/girls.

Our adult group went to Aventura spa last year and thought we would bring the kids to the Mayan this year. There are lots of "kids" clubs at resorts but not so many "Teen clubs" that i can see.

we want AI. going end of November. We need reccomendations on where to go where the kids won't get bored and we don't have to watch them like a hawk either. We want at least 4 star with a good beach and lots of food choices and of course security.

Have found a some good deals at Grand bahai principe Akumel and to a lesser extent Cobo. If i read right there are 3 resorts connected? Are you welcome at all if you stay at one? Is this the kind of place for our kind of group?

Please give other reccomendations as well as we are happy to lounge all day but the kids will get bored. I know some resorts are better than other so please help

thanks

Toronto, Canada
1. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

I think your best bet is the Bahia Principe as you already suggested, you stay at one, and play at all three, lots to do, your teens will not be bored.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
2. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

Whoa......."8 kids ranging 13 to 17 mix of boys/girls "

I recommend a convent for the girls,work camp for the boys and the Gran Bahia Principe for the parents

Calgary, Canada
3. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

Seriously, prices are very good right now for the GBP Coba at the end of the month...................$ 925 for Gold Club for 1 week, $ 1575 for 2 weeks departing Nov.24/25.

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 27
4. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

A few years back we took two teenagers to the Bahia Principe. Stayed on the Tulum side, not that it really matters which side you stay on.

They had a blast. We let them have quite a bit of freedom, they can't get into too much trouble on the resort grounds until evening. Just make them check in with you every now & then. They played pool out at the hacienda in the sports bar, played tennis, rode the bikes around....bring a few decks of cards, they enjoyed that in the evenings also. They found a regular "group" of other teens to hang around with, they swam together and hung out at the beach every day, played volleyball.

One word of caution, tho: if the teens are looking for alcohol, it's not impossible to find it here, or at any A/I. It's just the nature of the beast, when the alcohol is "included in the all-inclusive". Keep a close eye on them in the evenings, and make them check in with you frequently if you want to monitor that. Even tho their writsband color may designate them as being underage, it doesn't always mean anything. Just a word of caution.

Where ever you choose to go, have fun!

ontario
5. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

the convent/work camp sound good...

i think gbp is sounding good.

Did I read no tipping there? always been tipping at A I s I've been to.

thanks for info, most helpful

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

Its like all the rest of the AI's , tip if you want, but not nessecary.

You'll love it!!

ontario
7. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

ok

just checking out deals.

what is Grand bahia Principe Coba Royal Golden?

The bel air deal is actually better for there than GBP Akumel. it seems that you get alot more "extras" but I never believe you get something better for less money unless there is a catch.

Shed some light?

ad says

YOUR ADDITIONAL INCLUSIONS AT ROYAL GOLDEN

• Accommodation in spacious junior suites with whirlpool

• Concierge service with direct phone line

• 24-hour room service (light menu)

• 4 guaranteed reservations per week for à la carte dining

• Separate check-in/check-out and full access to the Royal Golden Club House, a private lounge exclusive to Royal Golden guests

• Newspapers and free Internet access at Club House

• Beach towels, bathrobes and slippers in room

• Mini-bar (water, soft drinks and beer)

• Coffee-maker in room

• VIP room amenities (soaps and lotions)

• Turn-down service

• US$ 40 credit for spa treatments/stay

• Welcome letter and distinct identification bracelet

• Access to all services, facilities and activities at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum and Gran Bahia Principe Akumal

Toronto, Canada
8. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

The deal is with Transat Holidays, Belair is just the travel agency.

Calgary, Canada
9. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

Good morning, Skier.

ontario
10. Re: 8 adults 8 teens

Nov 24

we are in (under 1G taxes in)

Akumel look out

We chose this over coba because the kids said they wanted to be close to the beach. Kids rule i guess.

How do i get 6 rooms together? i read to email GBP, does that sound right. our agent said all you could do is ask when you get there?.?. Are there any Akumel rooms/building that are more desireable that i can request?

Restaurant reccomendations (think we get 3?) ? book the second we get there? How much "tip" is reccomended to get what we want?

so many questions, i will have more.

thanks