We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand bahia principe tulum resturants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brandon, Canada
reviews: 61
Grand bahia principe tulum resturants

Not to sound like a hick but....

Are pants for men mandatory in all of the resturants at gbp? including buffets?

I have always heard this but have travlled to many 4 and 5 star resorts and have rarely seen it applied.

Just trying to figure out how to pack, it's hard to pack pants to go to the carribean seeing as we get 9 months of winter here!

New Jersey
reviews: 2
1. Re: Grand bahia principe tulum resturants

Long pants not required at the buffet but definately at the Ala carte.

I usually wear one pair of long pants on the flight and bring a spare in the bag.

You are not required to wear suit pants or anything like that. I has a pair of casual draw string carib style pants that I use.

Markham, Canada
reviews: 17
2. Re: Grand bahia principe tulum resturants

One suggestion: You can go to the Wal-Mart or Tilly Endurables to buy a pair of what they call "cargo pants" which has detachable "calves" to cover the wearer's legs.

Once the calves are zipped up to the "main body" of the pants, the garment becomes a pair of long pants. Otherwise it is a pair of shorts.

Pretty versatile.

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 27
3. Re: Grand bahia principe tulum resturants

My hubby wears jeans on the plane, as it's always kind of cold on airplanes. He wears the same pair of jeans at the a la carte restaurants at the GBP, it's only for a short time. Then he'll go change back into shorts. He wears the jeans with a nice polo shirt and fisherman-style brown leather sandals, he looks very nice.

The buffet during the day is swimming trunks (not speedo-style!) with a tshirt (no tanks) and sandals. In the evening shorts can be worn at the buffet with a nicer tshirt and sandals. The Bahia is nice, but not pretentious.

Brandon, Canada
reviews: 61
4. Re: Grand bahia principe tulum resturants

thanks for all the tips, i'll pack some pants, it just feels so wrong!!! i'll wear pants, but no socks no way!!!

Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 34
5. Re: Grand bahia principe tulum resturants

Socks are not required, tank tops for men are not allowed either, but sandals are perfectly acceptable.

6. Re: Grand bahia principe tulum resturants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 10, 2009