We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Best Restaurant

Does anybody have any suggestions about the best restaurant to go to for seafood. Its a birthday meal so we want it to be really special

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
11. Re: Best Restaurant

If near Akumal try

La Cueva del Pescador in akumal

or

La Lunita on Half Moon Bay.

They will set you up right on the beach if you weant. Feet in the sand, water lapping on the shore!! Good food and very nice service

Toronto, Canada
12. Re: Best Restaurant

Skier, I know the forthcoming is long and detailed, but you wanted to know, so I had to be thorough:

I don't consider them leaps. I imagine being a hotel manager who wants every square inch of the resort to receive the same high attention to detail. Reality dictates that there are always priorities, places of greatest significance, and in this case my "leaps in logic" that Le Gourmet, Coba's main gourmet restaurant would more likely (not definitely) be consistently high in service/quality/staff-on-hand/etc. are as follows:

(1) Coba has more rooms than either Tulum or Akumal.

(2) Coba, consequently, has more guests reserving Le Gourmet (higher traffic) than Akumal has in Arlequin or Tulum has in Don Pablo.

(3) Coba is right now the most popular and most promoted resort.

(4) Coba is the newest resort of the 3 and as such, stands to garner more attention (and critiques) from travelers as being "the latest and greatest GBP has to offer," thereby falling under greater scrutiny. ("Managing expectations")

All the above says to me that if one were to choose between the 3 gourmet restaurants, Le Gourmet should stand out (not will, but should) because it is has to, and for the above reasons. If Arlequin or Don Pablo is considered superior in comparison, then it's because they have an edge, whether it be a better kitchen manager, restaurant manager, or better chefs perhaps - even something as simple as a better menu.

It would be hypocritical of me to say that one resort undoubtedly has better service than the other, as I chose Tulum last year and Akumal this year, over Coba, both times (even when Coba was priced cheaper). I just feel that since there is no way of "feeling out" which restaurant would be #1 for a special occasion, I would use the above to weight which restaurant has a greater likelihood of being consistent in high-quality service.

Toronto, Canada
13. Re: Best Restaurant

AllEndsMeet::

you need to cut back on the coffee man!!

Toronto, Canada
14. Re: Best Restaurant

I take it that answered your question though :)

15. Re: Best Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 08, 2009