We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skier 05-Dance night-Where

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haliburton Canada
reviews: 3
Skier 05-Dance night-Where

Hi Skier-From reading your posts I find them very informative and positive so I thought you might be able to tell us a place to have a good night or two to dance and have some fun. We will be there the last week of Nov. 12 .All in our 50"s but sometimes you would not know it. First time at Tulum . Thanks

Toronto, Canada
1. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

Are you staying in Tulum? which resort?

Haliburton Canada
2. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

Sorry about that. It is the GBP-Tulum.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

The main lobby on the Tulum side plays live music for all ages from about 8-10 (just before the main show). If your looking for a place off resort, the music is more for the younger crowd at Captain Tutix in Playa del Carmen. Depends on what you want. But for a night of live entertainment and usually Jazz (call ahead) the Lol-Ha in Akumal has a band every Friday night.

Haliburton Canada
4. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

Thanks Skier-How far is it to Akumal from the resort. I could e-mail you but there is probably some other foljs who would like to know.

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

5-10 mins by cab, you could grab a collectivo, but being as it would be night, I would go with a cab.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
6. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

Do a google on Lol-Ha.

Dinner crowds sometimes reserve the tables so you may have to do the same

St. Louis, MO.
7. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

Hey skier,

I thought Captain Tutix was destroyed when the last hurricane (2005) came through. I know they rebuilt Senior Frogs but did they rebuild the Captain too? Thanks and let me know...

Mike & Chris

St. Louis, MO.

Toronto, Canada
8. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

PDCjunkies:

www.cancun.com/Playa_del_Carmen/Nightlife/

south of...
9. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

I have danced to a fab blues/jazz/ latino band at Lol-ha, The Chiva blu ( the blue goat! Don't ask me). Heard they were playing PDC and bigger circuits later. The Lol-ha does have some pretty good fri night bands with great prime rib! I know, its not seafood. But after I have been there a week, I crave beef. Theirs is fab!

I know the BP had a "disco" but in April it didn't start till way late, like 11PM or after!

La Buena Vida in half moon bay, just north of Akumal, on the beach road, has some pretty good bands on some weekend nights. We have been known to dance on the tables and the bar! I know they have a Full Moon Party and Karoke some nites. They got torn up by Dean, but should be back to normal by then. Food or service there has not been up to their old standards but is a fun place... not to be missed. Lol-ha usually closes earlier and then we would head to LBV. They were usually open till about midnight.

Also Zammas in Tulum beach has had some pretty decent music with dancing. Again Ok to great food. Its hit and miss. Don't miss the beaches of Tulum in the daylight tho. Quite something else!

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: Skier 05-Dance night-Where

twirls:

I wonder if the original poster will be dancing on the tables or out doing shooters on the beach?, lol

Maybe they will!!

Maybe body shots at senor frogs!!