We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amex Travellers Cheque Card

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
reviews: 1
Amex Travellers Cheque Card

Anyone used this in Mexico? Had any probs with it?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
1. Re: Amex Travellers Cheque Card

Nope. Can it be used at an ATM machine

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Amex Travellers Cheque Card

Oakieboy,

I haven't used this card before but I do know for sure that all of the new currency travel cards are not really good value. The main issue is they all charge a MSC charge everytime the card is used in an ATM plus the charge a conversion rate, some cost you £10 to purchase.

If you have time to open a new account the best card to use abroad is the Nationwide current account debit card (visa). They do not charge anything for use in ATM's abroad and make no money from the currency conversion. Don't know if you have heard of the website www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk but this is a great source of info on what cards/ travellers cheques/cards to use abroad.

I opened an account, took 10 days, and will deposit my spending money in to this account before I leave.

Glasgow
reviews: 1
3. Re: Amex Travellers Cheque Card

Cheers.

Ive got a card anyways, i wont be using it for small amounts anyway, but its good there are no issues in mexico. Thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
4. Re: Amex Travellers Cheque Card

Hmmm. Then why not use an ATM card.

Friends get one with little or no ATM charge when in Mexico (usually Credit Unions) but you have to hunt around

5. Re: Amex Travellers Cheque Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 01, 2009