We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkel question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
reviews: 2
snorkel question

Is there anything I can use to help me float while snoreling other than a life vest?? They're way too expensive and bulky to pack.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 7
1. Re: snorkel question

Buy one of those long noodle things from the store at the beach, it's only a few dollars and they work great,

Cheers,

Jonii

nyc
2. Re: snorkel question

There are arm floats that you can use,it's flat until you blow them up.

alberta
3. Re: snorkel question

there are special vests made just for snorkeling, not bulky as you blow them up with your own breath, although i think they are about 80 dollars

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 93
4. Re: snorkel question

I got an inflatable snorkel vest for 40US and it hardly takes any space up. I totally reccomend them.

Philadelphia
5. Re: snorkel question

thanks guys

where would an inflatable snorkel vest be now?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 93
6. Re: snorkel question

I ordered mine on line. The delivery was fast. I would imagine Sportmarts would have them, but I don't know what the prices would be. Have fun!

alberta
7. Re: snorkel question

I think most dive shops carry them.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
8. Re: snorkel question

My son bought these for our whole family off of ebay. Jut do a search.

Get bright colours so they show up when you either need to find your partner or to let boats/jet skis know where you are

East Grand Rapids...
reviews: 36
9. Re: snorkel question

I was a little worried about snorkeling without a floating device, and it was actually really great not having one on at all. I think the high salt content keeps you pretty bouyant - I had no trouble just hovering over areas and moving around while snorkeling.

The Dive Shop at the resort does have vests - not sure if you have to be on the resort snorkel tour to use them or not. I did use one during that trip, but not when I just went in off the shore.

Have a great time! The snorkeling is awesome!!!

10. Re: snorkel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 29, 2009