We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sherwood Park...
reviews: 4
grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

we are hopefully booking this resort for may, we would like ocean view, any room sugestions??? and which floor is best,, would like closest to the beach at an end unit,, any help would be great!!!!

kelowna bc
1. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

the 1900 block is as close as you can get to the beach :)

-Deven

www.grand-sirenis.com

BC, Canada
reviews: 64
2. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

Hi, 1900 block is the block that is directly onto the swimming beach, but it fills up quickly. We were in the 2900 block and it was beachfront too, but you have to be on the 2nd or 3rd floor to see much of the ocean (Palm trees). We really liked it in the 2900 block, it was quiet, you could sit on your deck in you PJ's, hear the surf, and it was close to the Bayou for breakfast, the beach and the bayou pool.

At first we were in an end unit, main floor, but requested to be moved higher (for a King size bed and better view). We were moved to the 3rd floor, centre room. The balcony's are large, and the shared ones have privacy walls. We found the rooms to be very quiet except for the doors banging when it was windy, we only heard our neighbours once, and that was when a baby was crying.

Have a great time!

East Grand Rapids...
reviews: 39
3. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

I was very worried about room location before we went and all for nothing. The resort layout is wonderful - nothing is far away. Rather than get your heart set on a particular building, go for 2nd or 3rd floor and even numbered rooms. When you are assigned a room, have the check-in person show you where it is on the detailed resort map that they have at the desk. We were able to pretty much hand-pick our rooms and we went the week of Easter, so it was extremely busy. I found the Mayan Beach lobby personnel to be very accomodating and friendly - less busy than the Riviera Maya side.

We checked in and then went back when no buses were arriving and re-checked in (our rooms were assigned to us even though they weren't ready for entry yet).

Have a blast!!! It's a beautiful place...the pools and snorkeling are superb.

Edmonton, Alberta
reviews: 1
4. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

I will be putting in a room request soon as well. We are supposed to have a free oceanview upgrade with our Sunquet booking. Can I ask why even numbered rooms were recommended? Are King beds only on third floor? Thanks!

Alberta
5. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

I Love Oceans, Sunquest books on the Riviera Maya side, I believe. The 1900 block, where we were, on the 3rd floor(The best), had two large double beds. That's what we wanted as we had our daughter with us. It doesn't matter whether you request even or odd rooms in the 1900 block, as there are only rooms on one side of the building, with all balconies facing the beach/ocean. I emailed the resort, requested 3rd floor in 1900 block, and asked that our friends be placed near us, and they were. We never did get a reply to our request, but it was granted. Rudolpho, one of the conseirges' booked all our a la cartes. He was working in the 1800 block, as well as sometimes in the 1900 block. We found him easy to talk to and very helpfull with all our early sitting dinner requests. I know your day is coming up fast, and actually we saw a wedding party at the resort. The bride and her bridesmaids were getting into one of the extra large golf carts ( I know it's not actually for golf, becuase it's about three times as big as a regular golf cart) Anyways, the girls all looked so beautiful, gorgeous red flowers in the bouquets. They were coming out of one of the corner rooms, which I'm assuming was for the bridal couple, gorgeous large bedrooms with a nice chaise lounger by the king size bed. Their balcony had two large beach lounger chairs as well as the table and regular chairs. Have a great time at the Grand Sirenis, I know you will!!

Edmonton, Alberta
reviews: 1
6. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

Lovehotholidays,

Thanks for your info for this question, and for the many other helpful responses you have provided! Yep, our big day is really close. We're down to single digits in our countdown! Yes, Sunquest is on Riviera Maya side. I will request the 1900 block! Do you recall if that building had an elevator? I have a couple guests coming who have some mobility issues, but would probably enjoy the third floor for the views. Makes my stomach do flips when i hear your description of how beautiful the weddings and the resort looked! Thanks so much!

Alberta
7. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

The 1900 block did have an elevator. Sometimes it worked, other times it did not. My husband and daughter took it, I never would. I recall reading a review, on trip advisor I believe, where the posters got stuck in the elevator and had to climb out of the top of the elevator. If your guests have difficulty walking up the three flights, I would not suggest the 3rd floor, because the elevator will not be working the entire time, unless they have replaced it!! I am not the most athletic person, but I could easily do the stairs, as there are nice landing balconies to stop and view the ocean if you get tired.

Holland, Michigan
reviews: 3
8. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

As everyone has already said, you need the 1900 block.

If you get there on a Friday of early Saturday morning you may have a chance. If not, NO CHANCE. Good Luck.

9. Re: grand sirenis r.m ocean view rooms...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, August 30, 2009