We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help choosing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison
reviews: 13
need help choosing

Need help choosing an all inclusive hotel for my family two kids 4 and 2 yrs old.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
1. Re: need help choosing

Hundreds of places. Best you list your criteria (e.g. big small resort , or snorkeling / kids clubs, 3, 4, or 5 stars, best al la carte restaurants, beach front or back of resort, etc

Ontario
reviews: 2
2. Re: need help choosing

Hi, though I have not been, we are choosing to go to Akumal Beach resort with our two children next year. We just got back from Playa Del Carmen. We were at a small resort, it was great to get around easily. We took a day trip to Akumal and fell in love with the beaches and snorkling was awsome. We heard wonderful things about Akumal Beach resort especially the snorkling....it is a 3 star hotel but with a 5++ star beach. that is fine for us.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: need help choosing

Stayed at ABR. Very small AI (less than 250 rooms) all on the beach or a few minutes from it (as are the buffet and 2 a la catre rest.). The beach has the best snorkeling with lots of turtles. Small village right beside which gives you the feel of Mexico.

Can't go wrong as long as you don't want cruise ship type food/drinks

I love the self service snack bar with soft ice cream, nachos, pizza, and other kid food.

Ontario
reviews: 2
4. Re: need help choosing

Hi Vancouver sundog, we got back two weeks ago from a small resort in Playa Del Carmen(Grand Coco Bay, 202rms) we loved the fact that it was small....We had rented a car and drove to Tulum to see the ruins, swam at the beach then drove to Akumal and snorkled in front of Lo Ha Restaurent. We loved the area and that is how we decided to go to Akumal for next year and thought to go to ABR as I did hear it has awsome snorkling in front.....

san diego, ca
reviews: 21
5. Re: need help choosing

You might want to take a look at the Sandos Gala in Playacar. It is geared towards families with small kids and has the best kids' facilities from what I've read.

6. Re: need help choosing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 18, 2009