We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

Just wondering if electricity converters are necessary at the Gran Sirenis and are wash cloths provided or should we bring them? shampoo. I know when we went to Cuba last year we needed converters and wash cloths just like in Europe.

Holland, Michigan
reviews: 2
1. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

Great Question! I should of asked it myself. The last time we stayed in Mexico it was at the Copacabana just down the road from the G.S. Wash cloths were difficult to get. The first day there I gave the maid service a big tip and asked that we receive lots of washcloths for the week. ( half Spanish, half english, she knew what I was talking about). Ha, Ha, never happened. We just laughed it off and used the hand towels and full size bath towels as washcloths.

This year we plan to bring some of our old wash cloths and leave them there. After many years of good use at home, what better place to give them a proper burial than in Mexico. Ha, Ha!!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 7
2. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

Two clean wash cloths in the room every day, converters are needed if you are taking your own appliances, there are hair dryers in the bathrooms, but ours didn't work.

Alberta
3. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

do you mean I have to bring a converter to plug my curling iron in???? Help!! What kind of plug attatchment do I need, I don't want to bring the whole set??!!Thanks for the info?

Toronto
4. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

If we plan on charging batteries for video cameras and cell phones do we need the 2 pronged round converters that we used in Cuba?

Dollar store has 3 washclothes for $1.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 7
5. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

You need a convertor to plug your curling iron in.......I didn't really take much notice as to how many prongs - I bought a convertor set from the local luggage store and it has all the different countries in with it and they are all labeled for the ones you need.

Leduc, Alberta
reviews: 1
6. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

We also tried asking for washcloths at the beginning of our stay, but the result was very hit and miss, so we took what we needed off the linen wagon they use to replenish the rooms and put them away in the drawers and used them as we needed them. However, most of the time they were not replenished on a daily basis.

Alberta
7. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

curly22, are you absolutely sure? Are you curly22 because you used a curling iron on your hair?LOL.................... I have been to Mexico many times, never needed a converter, then I bought a set for Cuba........I guess I'll have to dig it up and see if it says anything for Mexico!!

Alberta
8. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

On the Sunquest information page for Cancun/Mayan Riviera, it says that the Electricity is the same as the USA and Canada. Why would they say this, and not mention, as they do with travelling to Cuba, that you need a converter................I can't believe I've read like 100 reviews on the Grand Sirenis, and nobody has mentioned that you need a converter to use your curling iron? Seems kind of odd to me......................

Leduc, Alberta
9. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

When we were there in January, I used my curling and electric hot rollers by simply plugging them into the bathroom and sitting room outlets.....no converters. I also used the curling iron that they provided and it worked just fine. Hope this helps.

Leduc, Alberta
10. Re: Grand Sirenis - electricity converters and wash cloths

Sorry about the previous typo....it should of read that I used the HAIR DRYER provided......