We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to Chef Roger?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Punta de Mita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
reviews: 1
What happened to Chef Roger?

Libby, I saw your dining scene article in the overview. We ate there in July 2005 and Chef Roger was very kind and made us a fabulous meal. He passed away?!

Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 58
1. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

Hi Ronsanator: Yes, sadly. I only know that he was in the hospital for a week (July 2006) before he died and, up to that point, he had been working in the restaurant as usual. His death came as a real shock to many people (myself included).

Fortunately for his wife, who still wants to keep the restaurant at Punta Mita going, he had apparently written down all his recipes in detail. So, if you come again, I'm sure it'll still be there and as good as you remember. They even have the same music on Friday nights :)

Here's an article from Virtual Vallarta.

virtualvallarta.com/puertovallarta/read/read…

L

Colorado
2. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

Libby, thanks for the link to the article. If you return to the restaurant, please post and let us know how you enjoyed your meal. Rosa

Colorado
3. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

Bump. Libby, have you been back since Chef Roger passed away?

Puerto Vallarta...
4. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

We were there in August, but we haven't been there since. We'll make a point to go there soon and report back.

Colorado
5. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

Libby, did you get a chance to eat here during your recent trip? If not, did you have any new, fun or interesting restaurant experiences in Punta Mita?

Puerto Vallarta...
6. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

Hi Rosanator: We're still in Mexico (hopefully solidly until mid April when we go back for Income Tax time). We've only been to Punta Mita briefly, but not to eat. We'll get there. And we'll get to Chef Roger's place for sure.

Btw, do you guys rent a car when you're in Mexico?

Last week, we had a marvellous trip up the coast (about one hour from Punta Mita taking the road to Sayulita back to the Highway. We ate at Mahajua at Chacala. The whole day was wonderful.

L

Colorado
7. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

Hi Libby, I keep forgetting to check this forum. I've been over on PV. Sometimes we do rent a car for a week, but for our upcoming trip in March we'll mostly be taking buses and cabs. It's an easy ride from Bucerias to Punta Mita. We were thinking of renting a car for a day to head north, so maybe we'll check out that restaurant. How long is the drive?

Colorado
8. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

Now that was foolish of me. You clearly said it was a one hour drive. I'll read more carefully next time.

9. Re: What happened to Chef Roger?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 20, 2009